305 tbi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 305 tbi

I have a 91 camaro with 305 tbi and auto, i ran 16.6 when it was stock and was wondering what others have run with the same engine. I haven't been to track since i got the couple of mods but hopefully wed. it'll be nice enough to go.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Well, I don't think anyone one here except for me has a TBI engine. But I can give you some pointers (in case you don't know).

Don't know if you have, but check out www.thirdgen.org . It's a site dedicated to 3rd gens and even has its own TBI forum. Tons of info on there.

But, about your question, I have seen people run anywhere from mid 16s to mid 15s with basically stock 305 TBIs. I personally have never run my car at a drag strip, though, the only one close to where I live is a 1/8 mile. Closest 1/4 mile is in GA.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Actually, 16.6 is probably right for that motor - 170 HP if I remember right. A friend used to have a '90 RS and the SOTP felt about like that.

Comment

Talk to the chip guy at Pcm For Less. He picked something like 25+ RWHP on a stock TBI car off of a tune on the dyno if I remember right.
        Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Detroit_Bird- Yep, you are right. 305 TBIs made 170 HP and 255 ft. lbs. of TQ (this are flywheel numbers, of course) from the factory.

Fastbird93- Actually, it's not too hard to make your own chips for 3rd gen TPI and TBIs with about $200 worth of equipment (and a laptop, of course). I think the same equipment can be used for 93 F-body's, IIRC.

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by Benm109
            Detroit_Bird- Yep, you are right. 305 TBIs made 170 HP and 255 ft. lbs. of TQ (this are flywheel numbers, of course) from the factory.

Fastbird93- Actually, it's not too hard to make your own chips for 3rd gen TPI and TBIs with about $200 worth of equipment (and a laptop, of course). I think the same equipment can be used for 93 F-body's, IIRC.
            Oh, I realize that as I have everything and do burn my own chips. However, being able to make the chips is one thing. KNOWING what and where to make changes is a whole other ballpark.
            Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Yep, I agree. I don't have the equipment yet to burn my own chips but I hear a lot of people talk about and they say the same thing you do: Having the equipment to burn your own chips and actually burning chips is totally different. Even though it seems hard, I can't wait to start on mine, someday .

CarDomain Site

Comment

Working...
              X