NFB Great ZO6 video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB Great ZO6 video

Why would anybody void the warranty on their ZO6's beat's the hell out of me. Personally, I wouldn't touch those cars. But some poeople just have to.

http://djtaso.com/ZO6.wmv
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

hmmmm
    -----------------------
    1994 Camaro
    -----------------------
    3.4 SFI
    Z28 interior
    Imco Exaust(its okay)
    Dynotech Racing chip(waste)

-----------------------------
    1978 Firebird Formula
    -----------------------------
    Pontiac 350
    Turbo 350 Transmission
    Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold
    Edelbrock 4 Barrel Carb.
    Edelbrock 14" Air Cleaner
    Edelbrock Valve Covers
    Flowmaster Dual Exaust

Comment

Warranty schmoorranty!

I would sacrifice the warranty in a New York minute if it were to mean installing enough turbo-powered boost to propel your Z06 to 9 second 1/4 mile times and still be perfectly streeable!

No question.

There are some that are kind of into racing cars as a side hobby and then there are those who are PASSIONATE about racing cars.

There is no grey area, you just have to decide which one youe are and make the neccesary sacrifices.

Comment

I guess if you can afford that car then maybe you have enough $$$$ to forgo the warranty????
        '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremansTA
          I guess if you can afford that car then maybe you have enough $$$$ to forgo the warranty????
          Yup. Some folks honestly don't care to worry about stuff like that, they are simply wealthy. If it breaks, they will write a check to fix it, no sweat. I have some close family that has money like that, unfortunately I do not myself have it. LOL. My uncle parks his Ferrari GTO in the "car room" aka "Man room" of his $3 million 10,000 square foot all stone castle on the lake. I have a hard time even relating to what it would be like to live in that place. I could only dream.

I will say, though that my car looks great parked in front of it. I'll take a picture next time I visit him.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by FiremansTA
            Yea,...I guess if you have the money you really don't care about voiding the warranty.

....and he still lost
            Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

There are a few N20 fed Vipers running around the San Antonio area.

My WS6 is now getting the motor that was orginally going into the Camaro. So in the near future I will be spending a few nights hunting snakes.

Comment

To each their own. I personally have only added a Black Wing and SLP bellows to my Z06. It gained 14 RWHP. I prefer to leave mine stock after the nightmare I had with modding my 94 Z28. My Viper was bone stock except for smooth tubes and filters. It just happened to gain 14 RWHP also. What a coincidence.

I decided to mod only one car at a time. Right now, that is my prostreet. I only want one headache at a time.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Now all he has to do is drop in some Nitrous, and it will be all over for the Viper.

Excellent vid though.... I LMAO when it dropped the bar down and said "This just in, etc...." Good stuff....

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                  Previous Vehicles:
                  99' M6 Z28
                  98' M6 TA
                  97' Formula
                  96' RS Camaro
                  93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Ive seen that on a couple of boards and still love it. I have showed all my friends. I mean if they have internet. they have seen it. I can only imagine what it would be to posses that kind of money. Hopefully one day.
                    97 SS #C007
                    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

In the beginning when he was burnin, that wasnt a blow off valve was it?
                      2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
                      "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                        Warranty schmoorranty!
                        The TRUTH!!!!!

Besides, the dealers I have taken my car to have all been pretty liberal with the warranty coverage... I have mods which technically should void the warranty, but since I have not had any engine trouble, the dealership has never had a problem covering my window motors because I took the catalytic converters off.

One time, I even snapped off my windshield wiper when I left them propped up and I opened the hood (D'OH!) and they even covered that!

Being as stock as I am right now, I would just see any breakage as an excuse to go bigger and better anyways If something goes wrong internally, I guess it will be time to throw in a hotter cam and maybe a stroker crank .......
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

whats that Z06 have done besides the procharger?
                          2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
                          "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

Thats pretty awsome... i never see vette drivers drive like that! Living in vegas i see atleast 5 vettes a day, and ive only gotten one to 'play' (80's model), the rest drive 5 mph UNDER the speed limit. Anyone know why?
                            99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

love the music!!! lol
                              Miss My Bird

Comment

Working...
                              X