Quick ? on cold air intakes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick ? on cold air intakes.

I have a 97 z28 with traction control. Went to get a kit today and the guy talked me out of buying it because I said yes when he asked if it had traction control. He said there is some modification required. What's up with that? Is it hard to install? What's involved? Thanks guys.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

never heard that was a problem before...... never.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sounds odd. I think someone is confusing traction control interfering with strut tower braces and such, not front accessories like a cold air intake. A cold air intake should pose no problem.

Comment

Maybe he thought you aked him if he wanted to buy some ocean front property in Arizona.
        That's the only way I can figure how he confused cold air induction with traction control ?

Comment

Yeah sounded weird to me too.. He said something about lines for the traction control being in the way, and having to reroute them or something. So there are people here running cold air intakes on an lt1 with traction control? No problems?
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

My 96 Z has Traction Control (which I hate BTW) and I run a K&N Cold Air Induction with no problems. I think that guy has no idea what he's talking about. Go For it...........Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

I am using the SLP cai with traction control and had no problems with the install. I do remember Moroso claiming their cai would not fit if you have traction control. Good luck.
              2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
              buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
              Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Working...
              X