welp...it finally gave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welp...it finally gave

there goes the headlight...guess I'm looking for metal gears. I was driving home and pulled in...I turn off the lamps and "grrrreeeennnnggg" I though it was my tranny; nope it was my passenger headlamp So....anyone experienced the repair...is it hard???

I guess it'll give me a chance to realign the gaps from the hood and bumper...

oh well...as wolfman would say...on wit da show.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Man I know how you feel. I hated that noise. Everytime it did it I wanted to run away so I wouldn't have to listen to it.

Luckily I could do the free one on mine. I think the hardest part is going to be to split the housing if you don't have some good tools. Everything else should be straight forward.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Very easy and straight forward. A couple of notes though. If you can afford the $70 or so for the metal gears get them! I did the "free fix" and I found myself redoing them both after a month or two. Also make sure you use good epoxy, and clean the housings well when putting the halves back together or they will come apart and you will be redoing the job. The Epoxy B franker includes with his kit works well. I highly recomend his gears. They are very nice and come with everything you need to do the job: gear lube, Epoxy, mixing sticks and instructions. Good luck....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

yep..those are the ones I'm getting...gonna do both sides so I don't have to worry about em again...looks like I'll get them sometime this week...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
        X