First track times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First track times

I finally got the chance to go to the track and get some runs in yesterday. I had some disappointing times, although I had a blast! My fastest run is as follows:

1.15 - reaction (yikes!)
    2.21 - 60'
    9.27 - 1/8
    14.27 - 1/4 @ 98mph

This race was against a '96 style mustang with aftermarket cam and 3.73 gears. I'm new to this and there is something I don't get....my 1/4 mile was 14.27 and his was 14.58, but he won with a .0563 margin. Is there actually a finish line after the 1/4 mile mark? If so, that would be the reason as I let off the gas right after the mark. BTW that reaction time was a fluke, as the slowest RT I had other than that was a .9. Like I said I'm new to this and here is my explanation to this time:

When I was pulling up for the stage I accidentally went past the stage and back down to the pre-stage. I thought I had to pull back to the stage, so I put it in reverse to get back to the stage. Well....turns out as long as the pre-stage is still lit up, the lights will turn. So as soon as I put it in reverse and started to back up, the lights started to change. I had to throw it in 1st pretty quick and by that time it was too late.

What would be a good launch with worn street tires and a new (less than 6 months old) stock grade clutch without running a high risk of damaging anything?

Sorry for the long post, and like I said I had a blast!
    '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

bump
    '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

There is no second finish line.

He beat you by that MOV (Margin of Victory) because his reaction time was better than yours. Take your r/t and add it to your time, and compare against his r/t added to his time. I'll bet his comes out to be .0563.

Unless you were bracket racing. In bracket racing you use your time over dial-in added to your r/t. That's called your total package. Compare that to the guy in the other lane to find the MOV. If your total package is smaller, and you did not break out, you win.

Comment

Working...
      X