No announcement yet.

The new guy.......Exhaust Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to the local performance exhaust shop.....

Originally posted by Jason97T/A
    Hey guys, I went to the muffler shop and talked to the guy about it. Since there are no emission checks in Illinois he is going to just take the cats off and replace with straight pipe. There was even a town cop there why we were talkin bout it. He didnt care What are these dummy boxes you guys talk about? I dont understand what you mean. Do you think with the flowmaster system the car will sound good? He is only chargin me $45 for what he's doin. He said he could gut the passenger side cat but he wouldnt do the drivers side since its not straight. But he said it would sound better just with a straight pipe. What do you guys think?
    Jason

I figured as much

Im glad it worked out for you!

Best ET: 13.41 @ 103.80 MPH (@600 FT) with these Mods: SLP 2L/2R Exhaust, K&N FIPK, LT4 KM, 4.10 GM Superior gears, BMR LCAs & relocation brackets, Energy Suspension Poly Tranny Mount, 160 degree thermostat, HPP3 ( mostly for speedo & fan recalibration), MSD 6AL Ignition & MSD Blaster Coil and all the free mods.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Trans Am- The Muscle Car Lives

Comment

Just need a good shop !!

I have a 3" high flow or the original that can be swapped out in 5 minutes if ever I get sent to DMV.

94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

How about this....

How many miles are on your car? The catalylic converters are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles!!! If you are under warranty, you can just have some new ones put on for free. Also, new cats wont harm your exhaust flow as much as your old ones.

Mark B
        No F-Body right now

Comment

is it true that it will screw up your cars computer if you take the cats off? i heard that if it screws up the computer then your gas mileage goes with it. anyways would that happen if i took the cat off my 93 formula?
          1993 Formula - 99k
          Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

Comment

Working...
          X