Question about exhausts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about exhausts

HI my question is that i have a 1992 z28 with the 350 tpi and a 700r4 tranny. I currently have a high flow cat on the car with a cat back flowmaster exhaust. It's loud but i wanted to make it louder and a little deeper but im not sure on how to approach this. I have been told to get headers, also get get a better muffler. I was also instructed to get a muffler eliminator or straight pipe so as to make it louder. Can anyopne help me to figure out what to do about this exhaust. Thanks

Well, first, I wouldn't recommend running a straight pipe without a muffler. I think that will be too loud for daily driving. What you should probably do is get headers. Headers will give you more power and more sound, but definetely shouldn't be deafening or anything. You could get a different muffler or even a new cat-back exhaust, but if your Flowmaster is fairly new and not rusted or anything, I would just stick with that. If you get headers and it's still not loud enough, you could put a cut-out in before the cat, so you can have basically the sound of open headers or the sound of your full exhaust.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

I think headers would be a good idea to make it louder. I have heard friends cars get louder with the addition of headers. And like said before if that doesnt work just put in a cutout. It will definatelly be louder then. I had my headers and loudmouth installed at the same time so I couldnt judge it on my car. The tech I talked to at SLP told me not to get a catback and just get headers because it would make my totl louder and saved me the money. I should have listened!!
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
      X