So who here is going to Skyline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who here is going to Skyline?

it's so very close now, anyone gonna be there?

guess no one......

this is pretty much a diff. crowd than the slp board or BS board....... remember that...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

When is it? I'd certainly like to go but know nothing about it. I remember the old skyline drive days years ago, but I was never at one of those. Is there a site with information?
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

http://www.skylinedrivecruise.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman

guess no one......

this is pretty much a diff. crowd than the slp board or BS board....... remember that...
          Thats OK we can convert them

Comment

Dang! I didn't know it was this weekend! I thought it was usually in September.... at least it used to be. Coincidentally, I'll be in that area this weekend as we are taking a family cavation to VA beach. Wish I could make it!
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
              Dang! I didn't know it was this weekend! I thought it was usually in September.... at least it used to be. Coincidentally, I'll be in that area this weekend as we are taking a family cavation to VA beach. Wish I could make it!
              I totally would of thought someone on this board would of made mention of it.. I made that skyline site months and months ago so people would know about it, I woulda posted about it if I was a member of this board. oh well we are going to have one in the fall as well, I will make sure to post it here too this time since I am around. sorry

Comment

Can you tell more about what it is? I may be interested in the fall trip. My sister lives very close, so I got a place to stay.
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Down here in Florida, I'm pretty much out of the loop on cruises like that. It's a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                    Can you tell more about what it is? I may be interested in the fall trip. My sister lives very close, so I got a place to stay.
                    deifinitely check out the site to get more of a feel of what its about www.skylinedrivecruise.com

but lemme tell ya a little bit.. One of the mods here, KenC, although I think he posts as wolfman, Him and his Wife Mary have been running the Skyline Drive for years now, and a great thing it is they have. Everyone gets together at a hotel in Va, has a good time and parties all night on friday, then on Saturday in the morning we cruise up the mountain in a big caravan and stop off at places if we need to, such as Skyland for lunch last year and to raffle some stuff off. Then cruise a bit more, last year we also stopped at big meadows for some photo ops, and then back down the mountain to the hotel to hang out once more. Also on sunday whoever is left or wants to will also cruise another route and then dispearse on their way back home afterwards.. its a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      Down here in Florida, I'm pretty much out of the loop on cruises like that. It's a bummer.
                      We have some people that came from Florida last year! .. it's worth it

Comment

Originally posted by xero
                        deifinitely check out the site to get more of a feel of what its about www.skylinedrivecruise.com

but lemme tell ya a little bit.. One of the mods here, KenC, although I think he posts as wolfman, Him and his Wife Mary have been running the Skyline Drive for years now, and a great thing it is they have. Everyone gets together at a hotel in Va, has a good time and parties all night on friday, then on Saturday in the morning we cruise up the mountain in a big caravan and stop off at places if we need to, such as Skyland for lunch last year and to raffle some stuff off. Then cruise a bit more, last year we also stopped at big meadows for some photo ops, and then back down the mountain to the hotel to hang out once more. Also on sunday whoever is left or wants to will also cruise another route and then dispearse on their way back home afterwards.. its a great time!
                        Sounds like a good time.
                        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                          Sounds like a good time.
                          it is we had a ton of people last year. this year is a bit different since Ken didn't have the time to organize it, so we are closer to the park and are at a different hotel. I dont think much will change though, still the same good people

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            Yea lets start one up down here..I know theres lots of F-Bod owners in FL. If I knew about this earlier I definitely would have made something of it.... maybe next time.....
                            I'd be in heaven.
                            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X