center console/shifter knob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center console/shifter knob

any ideas on how to take out the center console on a 98 a4? and get the shifter knob off? I have new carpet i want to put in, because i have changed all the interior pieces except for the carpet. Also the seats (power) are just a few bolts on the tracks and the wiring harness, right?? In the center console i know there are the bolts in the bottom of the compartment, but other than that i can't find any more bolts or figure out how to get it out. Help is needed!
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Mine has a thing that looks like a staple on the front side. Get a small flat blade screwdriver and pry the staple out. I hope yours is the same.

http://www.claire-marie.net/108_0808.JPG

(Rob B (shoebox) if you want that picture for your site, take it. I know this question has been asked here before.)
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

its very simple, there is a clip in the front of the shift knob, that you can get out with a small flat screw driver or needle nose plyers. And the carpeting is easy aslo...I did it on my 94 with black carpeting, black leather seats and door panels, with the bose sound system and did in less than a day Im happy about that.

and then if you want to totally remove the console you will see the screws/bolts in the center console(x2), under the shift knob(x1), and in the little cubby area(dont know what that is called)(x1) then turn and take it off

Dont know if that is any extra info but hope it helps
      -----------------------
      1994 Camaro
      -----------------------
      3.4 SFI
      Z28 interior
      Imco Exaust(its okay)
      Dynotech Racing chip(waste)

-----------------------------
      1978 Firebird Formula
      -----------------------------
      Pontiac 350
      Turbo 350 Transmission
      Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold
      Edelbrock 4 Barrel Carb.
      Edelbrock 14" Air Cleaner
      Edelbrock Valve Covers
      Flowmaster Dual Exaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
        Mine has a thing that looks like a staple on the front side. Get a small flat blade screwdriver and pry the staple out. I hope yours is the same.

http://www.claire-marie.net/108_0808.JPG

(Rob B (shoebox) if you want that picture for your site, take it. I know this question has been asked here before.)
        You mean kinda like this one that's on my hidden accessory wiring page?

Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
          You mean kinda like this one that's on my hidden accessory wiring page?
          Yea just like that which I obviously didn't find. I didn't think about it being under "hidden accessory wiring page". I bet that was a fun picture to take.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X