replacing leather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing leather

I just got done replacing the leather on my drivers seat, and man was that simple. It looks great, in fact it looks so good, that the passenger seat looks crappy now. The new seat has a matte finish, and the passenger seat is shiny. The pleats in the middle of the seat are also gathered a bit more on the new seat. The color is a very close match.

The leather simply covers the foam with velcro and a few plastic channels on the bottom, and the top is velcro and a zipper. Easy as pie.

Now I'm going to need to order the passenger seat to match perfectly. How am I going to get this past the wife?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

wait till she rides in the car..then hit the seat with a key and tell her her blue jeans tore a hole in ur seat? lol..jk dont do that

Comment

TraceZ - Where did you get them? I'm looking to do the seats in my formula.
      Thanks Gary94Formula
      2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
      1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
      2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
      2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
      2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary94Formula
        TraceZ - Where did you get them? I'm looking to do the seats in my formula.
        Thanks Gary94Formula
        ......and what did you pay??
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Can you post some pics?

Comment

I got the new leather from Classic Soft Trim. It is very high quality. The drivers seat was $270 shipped.

www.classicsofttrim.com

I'll post some pics after the leather relaxes onto the seat a little. It still has a couple small wrinkles in it.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

man...new leather or axle shaft??? dang it...gotta go with the axle shaft...

so many things to do so little money...!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I remeber one day I had a screwdriver in my back pocket and got in my car and yes there was a big hole when I got up. I found someone that patched it but now the patch has gotten shiny and looks bad so im in the market for new covers.

Do they look and fit exactly like stock and would they pass for OEM if the trained eye did not know it. I have heard hooro storys of crappy covers before especially online.

Please post pics and prices if possible.
                Thanks
                Bill
                1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
                Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
                Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

I just ordered the passenger seat also. I couldnt resist. The drivers seat looks so awsome now that the old passenger seat looks dingy.

These new covers are almost exactly OEM. CST does supply for some OEMs. The color matches well, but the pleating in the seating area is a little nicer on the new seat.

I noticed that the old passenger seat is shiny and smooth from years of being treated with god knows what sorts of conditioners. Maybe even silicone or armorall. The new drivers seat is a matte graphite with a very nice rich finish.

I cant wait for the passenger seat to arrive. I posted web address and the price I paid per seat above. I recommend calling them with your application to get an exact quote for your car.

Ask for Penny. She was a big help.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Pictures

Here are a couple pictures. The flash makes it look a bit lighter than it really is. They are 800x600 so they may take a moment to load.

Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Well, the passenger seat is done now. I applied Z9 to the backseat with a soft brush, wiped it clean and then put Z10 on all the seats. It looks awsome and new. Installation was a snap. I have pictures of the procedure if anyone is interested.
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                      X