HVAC fan is clicking...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC fan is clicking...

I don't think anyone ever had this problem...but the HVAC fan in my car is clicking...sounds like a straw hitting the fan blades. I think something is stuck and hitting hte fan blades. It's driving my nuts...

Before I start ripping my dash apart, anything have any other bright ideas??? Where is fan in reation to the dash??? How hard is it to take the dash apart??? I took my 3rd gen apart..but then again, you could see all the screws...

I got a few repairs on the list...just trying to get them done.

Thanks again...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Actually, the bearing is going south. There is a factory tolerance that, once the bearing starts wearing, allows the fan to not run exactly concentric and it starts to rub on the housing. Most likely you'll have to replace the blower motor. There is a slim chance that something came loose, but disassembly is the only real way to see for sure. It's easy enough to do, it's located in the passenger side footwell.

Comment

Working...
    X