How to program keyless remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to program keyless remote

Does anyone have any idea on how to program the keyless remote for a 1995 Chevy Camaro? Removing the fuse and turning the key doesn't work.
    1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

Your best bet is to take it to a dealership andhave it programmed. I priced it a while ago and they said around $40 for a new remote and programming, so it shouldn't be to bad for just the programming.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Isn't there a page in the owner's manual that shows the proceedure?

Comment

easy dude...hold the "lock" and "unlock" buttons down at the sametime...after 5-10 seconds, your fog lights will flash and it's programmed...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

tried that last night and nothing happens... the dealer wants 150.00 to do it, and i dont have an owners manual for it, any place i can look at one online?
          1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

Comment

that's funny...I changed my remote a few weeks ago, and when I tried to use it, it didn't work. Can't remember where I read the info, but if you press and hold the "lock" and "unlock" at the sametime it re-reads the codes and voila...the remote works. No, you can't just go to any car and do it...our cars have a set of codes that the remote can only read...the car spits out tons but only your remotes can read that set of numbers...I'll try it again, and post an update.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Owner's manual Link on the way in this post....I got a new computer and I don't have it linked, though it's written down somewhere here....stand by...
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Here it is:

There's a link to the 4th gen owners' manuals in here...

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgbertr/rb/4th_gen_tech1.html
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                  Here it is:

There's a link to the 4th gen owners' manuals in here...

http://www.csce.uark.edu/~jgbertr/rb/4th_gen_tech1.html
                  There is also a link in there that tells you how to do the programming without having to look it up in the manual.

Look in the "How To's".
                  Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

thanks

me and rstinnett got it, thanks to the last post, it was a big help!

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X