Tire Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Question

I have a good idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to engines, but i absolutely have no idea about what tires are good and bad. So....when i bought my car, it came with bridgestone potenzas, 245's all the way around. I'm at work right now and my car isn't here, so i can't think of all the numbers right now. The treads still have a lot of life in them, but i was just wondering if these tires are good or not for piece of mind, and for when it comes to get new tires, what in your guy's opinions are the best tires at a decent price. Thanks guys
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Re: Tire Question

Originally posted by 95TransAm
    I have a good idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to engines, but i absolutely have no idea about what tires are good and bad. So....when i bought my car, it came with bridgestone potenzas, 245's all the way around. I'm at work right now and my car isn't here, so i can't think of all the numbers right now. The treads still have a lot of life in them, but i was just wondering if these tires are good or not for piece of mind, and for when it comes to get new tires, what in your guy's opinions are the best tires at a decent price. Thanks guys
    There are several different models of the "Potenza" line. You're going to need the number off of them. I had Potenza I think 920s on My Mustang. They are just about as good as the Firestone SZ50s.

This will probably be my next tire since the demise of the SZ50
    http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/g...productid=1075

This is my second choice http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/g...sproductid=193
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah, like i said im at work w/out my ride so im not sure of the numbers. When i go home today, ill write em down and ill prolly post them up tomorrow. I'm just curious as to if i have good tires or not, that's all. So far i like them, just curious about them. Thanx for replying
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

what kind of car? what motor? etc.

if its an f body......

check out the g-force line from BF Goodrich... the KDW is a very very good tire with a new tread design offering... it used to use the old Comp T/A ZR tread design. the KDWS is a good all around all season high perf tire also. they all incorporate the latest technology in tread block and belt package stability for maximun hold in handling.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sorry, i figured by my name that u would know, but i have a 95 trans am LT1 a4. Like i said, i dont know all the numbers off hand, but i'll write them down when i get home from work. I'll make sure to check out the g-force line. thanx wolfman

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
            Sorry, i figured by my name that u would know, but i have a 95 trans am LT1 a4. Like i said, i dont know all the numbers off hand, but i'll write them down when i get home from work. I'll make sure to check out the g-force line. thanx wolfman
            no prob.....but over the years....ive had folks post here at "slpcarowner" and it turned out they drove a Silverado.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

My car has the potenza re 730s and they're pretty decent. I'd keep em. I can break em loose pretty good but I have 3.42 gears and I think that's any 245. They handle well wet and dry. As soon as these wear out though I'm gonna replace the stockers with 17" ZR1s with 275/315 combo. That should improve traction considerably. I'll prolly go with Sumitomo HTRZs. I've heard good things about them especially for the price. Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
              X