best deal on white guage kit??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best deal on white guage kit??

I'm wondering where to get the best deal on a white face for the guages in my 1994 Z28??

The cheapest I've gound so far was $52 on Ebay.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Careful what you get.... The ones I got didn't come with instructions, didn't have any adhesive backing, and there was a mistake in the coolant temp section.

They looked pretty cool, but the needles on the guage got stuck on the overlay surface, and I couldn't stand it. So I took them back out.

Let me know if you find a good set.
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I have a set of MacEwen white gauges. I used them because they go over the top of the factory gauges and don't require the removal of the original screen and needles. The calibration of the gauges doesn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
        Careful what you get.... The ones I got didn't come with instructions, didn't have any adhesive backing, and there was a mistake in the coolant temp section.

They looked pretty cool, but the needles on the guage got stuck on the overlay surface, and I couldn't stand it. So I took them back out.

Let me know if you find a good set.
        Ebay link

Here are the ones I was looking at.... what do you think??

I got a set from Jason Debler in the past that looked just like these. I installed it and had no problems.. The key is to get the needles back on in exactly the same places. I used a camera to snap a picture with the ignition on, but the motor off so the needles were all in standard position.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I have a dumb question. Are you planning on putting this face plate over your 110 mph speedo? How are you going to recalabrate it to the 150 mph gage?
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

MacEwen overlays are the way to go. A lot of us have them. I have the silver face overlays for over two years now.. no problems. Very easy to install.

old website
            http://members.aol.com/rmacewen1/index.html

New website
            http://store.yahoo.com/macewenmotorsports/

1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
            http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              I have a dumb question. Are you planning on putting this face plate over your 110 mph speedo? How are you going to recalabrate it to the 150 mph gage?
              A member of this forum is shipping me a 150 mph cluster. I'm going to put the overlay on that one, and toss the 110 cluster.

Good question.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

I like those MacEwen ones! I am considering buying a set of those now.
                1995 Firebird Formula
                (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  A member of this forum is shipping me a 150 mph cluster. I'm going to put the overlay on that one, and toss the 110 cluster.

Good question.
                  Got it. I didn't know that. Cool.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
                    I like those MacEwen ones! I am considering buying a set of those now.
                    Due to the lower price of the ones in the link I posted, I just ordered those. According to their website, they make OEM faces for Saturn and the Corvette among others. I'm assuming the quality will be good. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Thanks for the advice... even though I didnt follow it.

I had a similar face on my old 95 UltraZ. Installation was fun and easy. I'm hoping these are the same exact product. The picture looks exactly the same..
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Does anyone know where to get good White face HVAC for a 94 Camaro... I cant find any good ones anywhere and the site above didn't list 93-96 camaro hvac's
                      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

I bought some on ebay from fire and ice motorsports. They are awesome. You can change the tint of blue to green when on at night. I'd show you a picture of them at night, but they are on the memory stick for the camera and thats getting fixed. Heres a pic with the chrome overlay on the gauges, bad camera though. Did not have to remove the needles or anything. I love them!

2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                        Traded in: 1998 Z28
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

i have the macEwin's and they are awesome
                          1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
                          1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

anyone got the HVAC ones too?
                            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Here is a picture of the finished product. I shrunk it for the forum. If you need to see a fullsize version find it HERE ..

I am pleased with the results. I have noticed that if I turn on the dash lights at dusk it is hard to read the guages. I end up turning them off until it gets darker, then they are fine. They are very easy to read during the day. Photoshop is really good for zeroing an odometer! LOL. It's a zero mile 10 year old car!

Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X