To all those that helped me w/my electrical/VATS issues...w/in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all those that helped me w/my electrical/VATS issues...w/in

It's all fixed and she roared back to life last night, after for nearly 2 weeks for a part from www.gmpartsdirect.com I finally snapped in the VATS module and that...was that!

So for future reference:
    If your driving down the road and all of sudden your car just DIES and refuses to crank or even trigger the solenoid, you don't see your SES light or Security light when you turn the key to "start", don't hear/see the fuel pump priming, and you've checked all your fuses...check your VATS.

FYI, I found a really cool way to check your VATS, just in case anyone runs into what I did after checking all other options...pull the module out, and probe the yellow/black wire with a grounded wire, turn key to start...if she cranks...its the module!

Thanks for all the support and effort in trying to help me figure out this crazy electrical problem...definately one I'll remember.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Glad to hear that you got it fixed....

Gary94Formula
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Cool....

I know I hate working under the dash when dealing with wiring. Glad you're up and running. Do you feel like chasing down the blower fan circuit in my 87?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Do you feel like chasing down the blower fan circuit in my 87?
        NO THANKS!!!

LOL

Hopefully I'm done for awhile.
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

LMAO!

Comment

Working...
          X