replaced the carpet yesterday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaced the carpet yesterday

Well my on going project with the complete interior change is coming a long quite well. The carpet was yesterdays pain staking project. It's fairly easy to do, only you have to take everything out. The center console isn't as easy as it looks. I saw all the bolts, took them all off and it slid up like it is supposed to, but between the shifter and the e-brake you have to defy the laws of physics to get that top piece of the center console off. The trim panels come out easy, phillips screws along the sides, the back pieces snap loose enough, so you dont have to undo the coat hanger hooks. The far back pieces just pull right off. My stereo equiptment mounted on the hump in the rear hatch was an adventure. If it wasn't for that it would have taken only 3 hours, but instead it took 4 all together. The seats are held in by 4 13mm bolts. The shifter knob slips right off once the staple is pried out. I planned on for the seats i want to come in stock before i did the carpet, but the new carpet was taking up too much room in the back of my truck. All i have left for the convert from tan to black interior is the trim pieces on the hatch and the dome light in the rear. then all will be replaced. So far the door skins, carpet, headliner, all trim panels have been replaced. It costs some money but is a do-it-yourself job if anyone else plans on doing it. It's amazing how much the carpet changes the look of a car, i'll post some pics later today after i take some.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

I gettin ready to do mine all black and silver in a few months. it will be all black except the door panel inserts, the center of the seats, the headliner and the visors which will be silver. After it's all done I might do some trim peices in silver, it'll just depend what it looks like when done.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I am currently doing the exact same thing with my 82 z28. all I have left is re-apulstering the seats with leather and I'm done, but the replacement molded carpet was such a pain. it didn't quite sit down right.

I yanked all all the maroon/red panels out and sprayed them all black, and set down black carpet and re-did the headliner with black velvet (what a frustrating 3 hours that was)
      82 camaro x2:
      82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
      82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

Comment

Working...
      X