Couple of 93' LT-1 questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of 93' LT-1 questions.

First of all, can a cam be put into a 93' LT-1 and it run fine? I know that they're a speed density system and on the mustangs, most cams will jack with speed density cars drivability bad.

Second, if it won't work, are there mass air conversions for them? I've done a quick search with no results.

TIA!

There are many people running cams in speed-density 93's..... its just a matter of getting a retuned chip burnt for the ECM. There are "mail order" tuners who can get pretty close on the tune for most popular cam combos.

There is no "packaged" MAF conversion for the 93. You would have to swap in a complete 94+ PCM, with the wiring harness, the required 4-wire O2 sensors, skip shift (or eliminator) or 4L60E electonic trans, and a few other annoying items.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

okay, you will almost HAVE to get a new chip if you swap the cam. However, you can start to burn your own chips with ease, and just self-teach youself. That is what I am going to be doing, and I have learned everything I know from www.thirdgen.org. They know a LOT about that whole PROM chip-burning stuff. My advice is to look into it, as its about as much for all the chip burning stuff as it is just to get one chip made.

oh, and I really don't see the reason why you would want to convert to MAF. Like Injuneer said, it would be a total PITA, and would cost A LOT. Plenty more than what you are going to want to spend.
      my car:
      '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

I just thought I'd ask. I won't have the car (93' formula) for another year if I even get it. I want it pretty bad because I know I can get such a good deal on it.

It'll be my daily driver. I was gonna get another fox-body and leave it pretty much stock but then again, I already have one and it'd be nice to be able to switch it up, you know? Expand my horizons.

Comment

Working...
        X