abs inop light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs inop light

i have a 94 camaro and my abs inop light comes on every now and then. anyone know if i should get it checked or is there something i can do on my own? i also replaced my brakes last week and the light still comes on. any ideas?
    00 Z28, M6 T-Tops

SLP Intake and Flowmaster Exhaust

I get this every once n a while also in my 93 z28... usually only if i hit the gas hard right after starting it, and it did it after i had to brake really hard. I would just check to make sure the connecters are clean in your fuse/relay box under your hood. Mine was kind of dirty, seemes to come on alot less now that ive cleaned it.

it will be a bigger square one... should say ABS on it... or you can just look in the top to see which is which.
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

If you suspect dirt contamination, pull the harness connectors and spray them down with electrical contact cleaner, let it air dry and reassemble. Often times is is just dirt and this help greatly.

Comment

It can be a problem with the sensor connectors.... for non-traction control cars, there is a sensor on each front wheel hub, and another on the top of the differential center housing. Check/clean those connectors as well. The sensor on top of the diff can get coated with metal particles, and might need to be removed and cleaned. For TCS cars, there are two sensors in the back, one on each brake backing plate.

The front ones are expensive to replace, since you need to replace the entire hub/bearing/sensor cartridge.

Someone with the correct scanner, like a Tech-1 or Tech-2 can scan the ABS control module for codes.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X