The bird is alive!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bird is alive!!!!

I got it running today! All rebuilt, fresh as the day it was new. Well, the engine is anyways.......It started right up - no fussing. However, my new program and 30 lb injectors wouldnt work. The thing was missing, stalling, backfiring and running like crap. I double checked everything. Good to go. I swapped my stock injectors and Ed Wright PCM back in and it runs like a top.

So , I ohmed out the 30 lb injectors - 14.5 ohms on all of them - good to go. I still need to check the spray pattern, but thats for tomorrow. I think the problem lies in the new program. Hopefully, the programmer (who shall remain nameless, because it might not even be his fault at this point) will work with me to get it right. Im sure it was a simple mistake, and I will get it back soon to run even better than it is now.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Re: The bird is alive!!!!

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
    I got it running today! All rebuilt, fresh as the day it was new. Well, the engine is anyways.......It started right up - no fussing. However, my new program and 30 lb injectors wouldnt work. The thing was missing, stalling, backfiring and running like crap. I double checked everything. Good to go. I swapped my stock injectors and Ed Wright PCM back in and it runs like a top.

So , I ohmed out the 30 lb injectors - 14.5 ohms on all of them - good to go. I still need to check the spray pattern, but thats for tomorrow. I think the problem lies in the new program. Hopefully, the programmer (who shall remain nameless, because it might not even be his fault at this point) will work with me to get it right. Im sure it was a simple mistake, and I will get it back soon to run even better than it is now.
    Great news!! Now go for a spin and put a big smile back on your face!!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Good to hear Sean! Should be fine once you get it tuned. Did you end up going with a different cam?

Comment

Re: Re: The bird is alive!!!!

Originally posted by TraceZ
        Great news!! Now go for a spin and put a big smile back on your face!!
        Already done, but.....Im babying it for a bit. I stopped by my machinist's place to show him the finished product. He said theres no real break in - "drive it like you stole it!" But, then again, im sure he would appreciate more of my business, so I think im gonna go easy for a few hundred miles!
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          Good to hear Sean! Should be fine once you get it tuned. Did you end up going with a different cam?
          Money was too tight. Divorce or old cam? I chose the old cam...

Comment

I hear ya. Hope you get her running right. The bird that is!

Comment

hahaha...sounds like you're as happy when I finished my fuel pump swap. Glad to know you got her going again...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You mean you coulda had a divorce AND a new cam? Man, tough call...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                  You mean you coulda had a divorce AND a new cam? Man, tough call...
                  I really blow it out of proportion, my wife is great. She knew I was a car freak when she married me so, shes come to expect it. I still gotta watch the money though. When are they gonna start paying teachers the big bucks??

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                    I hear ya. Hope you get her running right. The bird that is!
                    LOL! Its running better than it ever has, but I know theres more in the right tune......

Comment

I contacted the tuner and he said that there was a miscommunication between him and his partner on the knock sensor modification (to run an OBD1 PCM in my car). He is very willing to take care of the problem at no charge to me (except time). SO, hopefully in a week, i'll have the new tune in the car.

Comment

That's great news! Maybe I'll see you driving around Rochester..

Great Job! Gary94Formula
                        2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                        1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                        2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                        2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

sweet!!!!
                          have fun
                          Miss My Bird

Comment

I pulse tested the 30 lb injectors and 3 out of 8 were bad. I hate ebay. I called the business that sold them to me at 125 bucks and they were real jerks on the phone. Thay said they wouldnt discuss ebay matters on the phone, only by email. What a bunch of crap! I emailed them. Do you think they got back to me? Nope. Anyways, I will give them a day or so to respond and then I will start filing complaints

Comment

I pulse tested the 30 lb injectors and 3 out of 8 were bad. I hate ebay. I called the business that sold them to me at 125 bucks and they were real jerks on the phone. Thay said they wouldnt discuss ebay matters on the phone, only by email. What a bunch of crap! I emailed them. Do you think they got back to me? Nope. Anyways, I will give them a day or so to respond and then I will start filing complaints
                              Damn, I hate that. Give us his ebay username and we can all file a complaint on behalf of his bad business practices.

Comment

Working...
                              X