Stock -vs- modified

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock -vs- modified

Next time someone in a modified car brags they can beat another car that is stock, point out this video and show them how stupid their argument is.

Fiat - vs Porsche
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

the fiat is stock???
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
      the fiat is stock???
      Exactly what I was thinking. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        Exactly what I was thinking. I don't get it.
        no, the Porsche is stock.

My point is that if you spend enough money on a piece of crap car, it will win the race. IMHO, that does not change the fact the car is a POS. If given a choice of free cars, I'd be taking the keys to the Porsche and not giving a crap if the POS Fiat could wax it in the quarter.

I've had people tell me their modified Mustang can kick my cars butt. I say so what. I could modify my car and beat them. It is a pointless arguement. If I wanted to I could build a Yugo that could beat the Mustang.

See?
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

that is so true... i have a uncle who ended up with a settlement were he recieved like 500k for some weird doctor accident.
          Anyways he has a yugo it has a turbo charged 4 cyl i dunno what else it has, but when i first bought this car he smoked me by like 4 car lengths a yugo!
          he goes through head gaskets about every 3k miles
          i'll try to send a pic
          Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

ok ok... just worded wierd. Good point.

Speaking of fast POS's... have you heard of the late 80's mini-van that runs 9 or 10's in the 1/4? That would be something to see.
            99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Exactly, either the car is set up and built the way you like it, or it is not. The 1/4 is only one venue of racing or even driving. I look at A LOT more then just a 1/4 time. If the car is not set up correctly, I hate it...pure and simple...I don't care what engine is in it or how much power it produces.
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
              X