wheels for slicks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheels for slicks?

i have a 95 z28 with a moser rear and stock disc brakes. can i fit a 15" wheel so i can run slicks? what about the fronts? please help!! if not what other wheel options do have for slicks?
    1995 z-28, six speed, centerforce d.f clutch, moser4:10,afr heads, zz-409 cam,full tubes w/ c.o.,nx direct port kit-150shot,hoosier qtp's
    dyno
    NA -356 rwhp, 360ft/lbs
    N20 -510rwhp, 521ft/lbs

Re: wheels for slicks?

Originally posted by Juicedz
    i have a 95 z28 with a moser rear and stock disc brakes. can i fit a 15" wheel so i can run slicks? what about the fronts? please help!! if not what other wheel options do have for slicks?

I think Fred might have a picture, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to do a little grinding on the rear brake calipers to get a 15" rim on it.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I put centerline telstars on mine. They fit pretty good with a 5.5 backspace. Another half inch would be better, but theyre not bad for the price.

No grinding required.

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/whee...id=13&sw_id=72
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Heres a pic of them on the car.
        Attached Files
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

this is little easier to see the backspacing....
          Attached Files

Comment

The 15" Telstars are described above... that is the entry level wheel, and does not appear to take any spacer in the front or grinding the calipers in the rear. I think the 15x8 Telstar has a 5" backspace, and that is what moves the tires slightly out from under the fenders. I believe they use stock studs.

Next step up is the Weld Draglite or Pro-Star. Front 15x3.5" 1.75" backspace, requires a 5/16" spacer, and longer wheel studs. ARP, GMPP and LPE sell longer studs in the correct knurl. I have the Pro-Stars, and to me they sit just a little too far out with the spacers.

Draglite or Pro-Star in the back is either a 15x8" 5.5" backspace or a 15x10" 7.5" backspace. The outside edge of the tire/wheel will be exactly where mine is, in either width/backspace combo. Again, longer studs in the rear, and the edges of the caliper fins need to be ground down.

The longer studs make putting "street" wheels on a real PITA.

Top of the line is the Bogart P1 Billet.... no spacers or grinding if you buy the wheels SPECIFICALLY made for the 4th Gen. Rear is 15x9.75". Front is a 15x3.5". In effect the spacers are already welded to the wheels, which is MUCH safer than having a "loose" spacer. Bogarts will run you about $1,200-1,300 a set.

Grinding the calipers:

15x10 tucked completely under fender:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Injuneer
              [B]The 15" Telstars are described above... that is the entry level wheel,..... I think the 15x8 Telstar has a 5" backspace, and that is what moves the tires slightly out from under the fenders. I believe they use stock studs."

Now why you gotta go callin me entry level ??

Yea, their not the big time or anything and YES, it is a 5 inch backspace and YES you do use stock studs and stock style lugs (no drop ins).

Comment

Working...
              X