wheel & exhaust question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel & exhaust question?

Hey guys, just signed up and happy to be a member! I Just got a white 2000 z and want to start doing some basic mods starting with wheels and exhaust, I'm curious about the loudmouth alot of people say it's to loud, others say it's the only way to go does anybody have a loud mouth on and ls1 and how does it sound, it has the stock now and I definitely want more sound and performance out of the exhaust. I just ordered the ultra z hood and I also want to get some new wheels, I'm thinking 5 star zr1 wheels, is it alright to get a repo wheel, will the quality be okay or does it pay to spend another 450 to go with slp's wheels, I would appreciate any advice. THANKS!

First off, welcome to the board, im sure you'll like it here. Lot of good people on the board. Loud mouth, thats what i like and what i have. Some people say that it is too loud, i have a video clip on my website of it, Link to the video The ultra z hood is definitely nice. good choice. As far as wheels, those too me are more a matter of opinion than anything. Zr1's are nice though. There are many of exhaust kits out there for the ls1, im sure you will find something that you like.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Re: wheel & exhaust question?

Originally posted by 2000z28
      Hey guys, just signed up and happy to be a member! I Just got a white 2000 z and want to start doing some basic mods starting with wheels and exhaust, I'm curious about the loudmouth alot of people say it's to loud, others say it's the only way to go does anybody have a loud mouth on and ls1 and how does it sound, it has the stock now and I definitely want more sound and performance out of the exhaust. I just ordered the ultra z hood and I also want to get some new wheels, I'm thinking 5 star zr1 wheels, is it alright to get a repo wheel, will the quality be okay or does it pay to spend another 450 to go with slp's wheels, I would appreciate any advice. THANKS!
      I've got repro ZR1 wheels on mine. 17x9.5 I'm very happy with them, and would buy them again if I had a chance. $550 plus delivery. I got them off Ebay. the company is called OEWheel.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

welcome aboard...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Welcome to the board. I have a LM on my LT1 and absolutely love it. It's the perfect exhaust for our cars and the way I feel they should have come from the factory(yeah right, lol). I have heard the LM on an LS1 and it sounds great also. Not quite as good as an LT1 but still really good.

If you need an idea for wheels here are the ones I love cragar s/s
          97 SS #C007
          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Man this is great getting the instant help from all of you, I just listened to your loudmouth and that sounds awesome, and those cragar wheels have me thinkin a little bit. They are very sharp! I'm sure I'll have alot more questions so hopefully you can continue to help me out with getting the z where I want it, thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X