Valentine radar detectors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
    That's exactly right. Add friggin cell phones to the list of distractions.

To make it worse, in Atlanta, the GADOT has set up x band radars all over the place to monitor traffic speed looking for problems. They are not false alarms to any radar detector so they make it go off all of the time. Doraville PD know this and will sit right after the sign with the GADOT radar on it. Turds. LOL FYI you can see the radar speeds at http://www.georgia-navigator.com/maps/atlanta . I usually go here before I go home to see which route I will take so it is handy.

Yup...that's what I use to help my delivery guys get around...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

the Valentine 1 is the best it has saved my brother from getting his licence suspended it pays for its self belive me

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        In PA, PENNDOT's electronic message signs emit an X band signature. Around the cities, these signs are every few miles. I routinely pass cars with radar detectors. One, because they're probably getting alarms, and two, I have more confidence in my driving ability than they have in their detector. I got pulled over more when I had a detector than when I didn't. I relied to heavily on the detector to watch the road, and I was reacting to it, instead of proactively looking for hazards/cops.
        I agree with you on that... if your in town. Many people think that radar detectors are COP detectors. Thus getting them pulled over. If you pass by a police officer who doesnt have radar on doing 60 in a 45, he is going to know your speeding. People need to be 'proactively looking' even if they are using a detector.

BUT - If you are doing a boring 8 hour drive like Vegas to Reno, i would HIGHLY recommend a radar detector. BECAUSE on undivided one lane highways (each way), you can be pulled over if they are comming at you. So as long as you use a fast driver as 'bait', you can stay somewhat behind them going just as fast - but as soon as you hear the cop radar them, slow down. Or even on 2 lane divided highways, police often hide... it just gives you a couple more seconds to react.

This would be a mix of being aware and working with your radar detector.
        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Working...
        X