Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to start doing some body work.

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/224020/7

As you can see by the link I have my work cut out for me. Any tips that can help me out here? I'm pretty sure their is no way I can get looking right without taking it to a body shop. The whole panel is around 1/4 inch lower then trunk and their are places where the metal actually creased. But body shops charge by the hour and if I can knock off say 2-3 hours I can save myself money. Any tips or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Check around first, alot of body shops don't want any part of work that was started before them, without undoing what you might have done, which would up the cost higher than what you started out with.
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

agree with Coop. Did you get estimates? without knowing what they expect to have to do it is wasted effort. What if after you're work they decide the panel must be replaced?? Get a few estimates and compare what they plan to do. And ask questions while they are doing the estiamtes about work you might do beforehand to cut the cost.

I doubt you have the body work tools needed to do teh job right. Wrong tools may only make it worse than it already is.
      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Working...
      X