Nitrous Guru's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous Guru's

White RPM input wire from NX Window switch... Should I connect this to the Coil, or should it go to ALDL? Is my ignition inductive? I have an MSD Blaster coil, and my car is OBD1. Only reason I ask is I don't want to damage the window switch.
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

There are two ways to do this that I am aware of. You can either tap into the green (negative) coil wire, or the white wire located within the red connector bundle coming off the PCM. These will both give you accurate engine speed reference signal.

Not sure about OBD1 but on the OBD2's you can also tap into the white w/ black stripe wire off the ICM I believe.

Comment

The manual said that if it is a capacitive discharge ignition, damage to switch will occur, if you connect it to the negative coil. Since I am unsure, just thought I would ask, rather than chance damaging it. I saw on another board that they mentioned using the white wire, pin#10 on the diagnostic port. I didn't know if it was different for OBDI/OBDII. I just want to be sure, so I don't have to buy another Window switch.
      1995 Firebird Formula
      (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I am fairly certain the LT1 has an inductice ignition system, so it shouldn't be a problem. Normally all of the aftermarket ignition systems are capacitive.

Comment

Working...
        X