Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine options...

Hey guys,
    I am contemplating another idea for a F-Body project. My first thought was an LS1, but they are still kinda pricey. What other suggetstions do you have for a motor for a 3rd Gen? I want something with around 300hp that I can mod later to get more HP out of.
    No F-Body right now

I'm not familiar with GM crate engines...but I know some of em are sick. like the ZZ502, 500+ hp...

here's the link
    http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/gmgoodwr...on=ce&cat=9274

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Mighty Mouse

I had a 406 small block in my 1984 Monte Carlo SS. It was built with 1986 Corvette D-Port Aluminum heads and an edelbrock intake and 750cfm carb. If I remember right the compression was around 10.5 I am not sure of the exact HP, (I am sure it was over 400hp) but that heavy MCSS ran 12.4 in the 1/4 as soon as I put POSI in her.

My engine builder made an identical motor and installed it in his son's 82 Camaro and it runs low 11's with slicks..

This engine cost me less than $2000.00 and I was the hottest thing in town for a long time... till the ex-wife (wife at the time) made me sell it..... what a nazi
      Austin Schroeger
      Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

Comment

Re: Mighty Mouse

Originally posted by aschroeger
        I had a 406 small block in my 1984 Monte Carlo SS. It was built with 1986 Corvette D-Port Aluminum heads and an edelbrock intake and 750cfm carb. If I remember right the compression was around 10.5 I am not sure of the exact HP, (I am sure it was over 400hp) but that heavy MCSS ran 12.4 in the 1/4 as soon as I put POSI in her.

My engine builder made an identical motor and installed it in his son's 82 Camaro and it runs low 11's with slicks..

This engine cost me less than $2000.00 and I was the hottest thing in town for a long time... till the ex-wife (wife at the time) made me sell it..... what a nazi
        Austin is not kidding. That car was fun! I had the chance to drive it a few times, and it pulled really hard. It had headers and true duals. He even had a set of Hurst Lightning Rod shifters in it.

That motor was totally streetable on pump gas, inexpensive and powerful. If you need more details on it, like cam specs he could probably dig them up. The guy that built it is a well known area drag racer and engine builder. He has the trophys to show for it, too.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

here is a link to a website that still has pictures of the car....
          http://www.monte-list.nu/html/images...schroeger/gfx/
          Austin Schroeger

Comment

Im VERY interested. Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated. Since its a small block, I would imagine it would bolt up to a 6-speed from a LT1 car? Right?
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Originally posted by Mark B
              Im VERY interested. Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated. Since its a small block, I would imagine it would bolt up to a 6-speed from a LT1 car? Right?
              Should bolt right up. E-mail me at aschroeger@mcleodusa.net if you have any questions... When I sold the car back in 2001 or so I sent all the paperwork for the motor with it. So I will try and remember everything I can
              Austin Schroeger

Comment

ok ok forgen a engine the key to going fast is ...Stickers,fartpipes and a wing. All you need is a Huge APC sticker on your front wind shield, next get a g-ready fart pipe along with a huge erecter set wing and your good to go. other options include mixed and match body kits unpainted of corse. That is the key my friend not "engine work"

Comment

and the fire extinguisher on the pillar
                  Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

Come on now! Everyone knows the carbon fiber gas cap sticker ads 10HP!!!!
                    Austin Schroeger

Comment

Working...
                    X