Need a Diagnosis from a car doctor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Diagnosis from a car doctor

I just purchased a 1997 chevy camaro base model car, after about 4 days of driving the car my brother informed me that the left brake light goes out when I step on the brakes. No problem, i'll just replace the fuse and Change the light. I do those two things and im still getting the same problem.

Its weird though, the back brake light will work if the headlights arent turned on, but when they are turned on it just blacks out, but only if the brakes are being used...

Any help would be great, thanks

SOunds like it's the wrong bulb. Brake bulb has two filaments...one for the brake and one for lights on. Check the bulb...if it only has one filament that's it.
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Has 2 filaments and cooresponds with the bulb I need to put in there, so now im not sure what the problem is.... hrm.

Comment

It's the sockets. THey're like $3.50 for the low profile ones at Pep Boys, or you could order one from the dealership for $50.
        Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

^^^ I thought that, but yesterday my right one went out too, and now this morning its working fine.

My friend and I took a look at the wiring in the back of the car, and we noticed all the wiring that was done for one helluva nice sound system. We checked around and we werent able to find any wires that hooked up to the lighting in the back, but yeah were confused as hell now....

Comment

Working...
          X