i got 18" ZO6 wheels. will they fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got 18" ZO6 wheels. will they fit?

I just bought 18 x 9.5 inch ZO6 wheels. i have been told that they will fit a 94 camaro. Please give me your opinion. thanks

Are they "real" Z06 wheels, or "repro"? The Z06 only came with 18x10.5 rear wheels, so that would appear to make them reproductions. According to a table in the April 2002 issue of VETTE magazine, the repro 18x9.5 Z06 wheels have a 61mm offset. That may make them a tight fit in the front, putting the inside of the rim close to the steering knuckle. I know with my 17x9.5 56mm offset ZR1 replicas, the inner edge of the rim is almost against the knuckle. But with the slightly larger 18" rim, maybe it moves the potential interference point further out where the knuckle starts to curve in. When you put them on the front, be sure to check for any interference.

In the back, should not be a problem. There is enough room on the inside of the rim. However, the 94 F-Bodys have a wheel hub that is 0.03" larger in the back, than in the front. That means that SOMETIMES you need to lightly sand or Dremel the inside diameter of the wheels to get them over the hub in the rear.... not always, just sometimes. Again, when you mount the wheels in the back, just hand tighten the lugnuts until you are sure the wheel is seating fully against the hub. If it doesn't DO NOT try and force it by torquing down the nuts. Take the wheel off and enlarge the inside diameter of the wheel to fit over the hub.

As far as the bolt pattern, you are fine.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X