Prob with courtesy lighting ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prob with courtesy lighting ...

After I had my Camaro in for inspection, I noticed the interior light wouldn't turn off, even though the doors are closed and ignition on. I first thought it might be the door switch, but I checked it and it seems fine. Then I credited it to the car alarm, but now a fellow with a 4th Firebird seems to have the same problem ...
    Has anybody else had this before, or has an idea where to else I could check?
    P.S. - no, I won't let the dealer put his hands on my car again ... german GM/Opel dealers aren't that qualified I'm afraid ...
    Garry Glendown * '00 Firehawk M6 #92 * '98 Camaro V6 Convertible

have you tryed the dimmer switch ?
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

You mean the switch on the rearview mirror? Yes, I think I had ... I know the fellow from FBE did ...

Comment

no...he means the rotory switch next to you headlight switch...even if the switch is in the "on position" all the lights will stay on...even if you manually switch it off on the rearview mirror.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Hm ... OK, will do when I get home ... would be a stupid thing if it were the reason, but nice to have it "fixed"
          Tnx for now ...

Comment

when I got the car it took a while to find out that the switch is there. Its pretty stupid, if a door is open you cant turn off the lights to save the battery.
            93 t/a A4 3.23s
            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Kind'a embarassing, but that was it, at least for me - I never even knew I could use the brightness-control to turn it on permanent ... do now ... Tnx for the hint!

Comment

Working...
              X