Whats worse ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats worse ?

So its been raining around here more than usual lately, im prety sure i can say the same for most of the country judging by what ive seen on the tv. so heres the question what do you think is more difficult/dangerous to drive our cars in rain or snow ?? im aware that many dont drive in either, but im sure i cant be the only one who has an f-body as a daily driver.

Personaly im going to go with rain on this one, from the experiences ive had with snow i think its all in the mind set, you know theres snow and ice out so you tend to pay more attention. in the rain however i have caught myself off guard a few times and it makes for some interesting happenings ....
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

The fact the body shops around here are always over booked in the winter says it all.

Winter = snow = more accidents = less safe

Rain doesnt even bother me. I run Firehawks, with Rain-X on the windshield. I can cruise in a downpour at 65 without my wipers on. It's rained so hard once that people were pulling over, but I was not even bothered by it. I was still cooking at 55, and could see fine.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I would have to say rain, because people have a false sense of security in rain.. Like you Trace.... Snow makes people drive more cautious (for the most part) besides... wasn't it raining the day you ran your black Z into the fence ??
      Austin Schroeger
      Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

Comment

definatly gotta go with traceZ on that one, I live in florida tho and rain isnt anything big to me anymore but with drag radials its quiet a pain in the a$$ with my shift kit. you just cant drive like normal or be gunnin' it.
        2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
        "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

I love the snow!!! Winter hobby = snowmobile

Nothing like zip'in across a frozen lake at 110mph. The twisty trails are lots of fun. Jumping stuff......powder riding......etc
          John
          97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
          02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
          99 Bravada

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeger
            I would have to say rain, because people have a false sense of security in rain.. Like you Trace.... Snow makes people drive more cautious (for the most part) besides... wasn't it raining the day you ran your black Z into the fence ??
            Actually, that was ice. It was in February. I've never come even close to being in an accident caused by rain. Snow... that is a whole different story. I've narrowly avoided disaster many times in the snow.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

snow is the worst driving surface, mainly due to braking distance and reaction time for direction changes in steering.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Austin.. At least I've never smashed one of my cars into another one of my cars in my own driveway, like some of us have.

was that in the snow, or the rain? LOL And I aint buying that "my foot slipped off the pedal" crap, either!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  Austin.. At least I've never smashed one of my cars into another one of my cars in my own driveway, like some of us have.

was that in the snow, or the rain? LOL And I aint buying that "my foot slipped off the pedal" crap, either!
                  My foot slipped off the pedal. It was a nice calm warm evening.... I'm a loser
                  Austin Schroeger
                  Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

Comment

Only accident i ever had was in the rain ... it was windy n dark n rainy, i swerved to miss a garbage can that got blown over, n i lost it and like a loser when it started to slide i hit the breaks.
                    -Nick-
                    95 A4 Z28

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                      Only accident i ever had was in the rain ... it was windy n dark n rainy, i swerved to miss a garbage can that got blown over, n i lost it and like a loser when it started to slide i hit the breaks.
                      try that same manuever in the snow......................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

speed limit on my road is 55 ... in snow i never did more than like 30 on my street ... no one does where i live its all snow drifts etc. thats prolly why i think its not that bad.
                        -Nick-
                        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Dude The snow is the worst ever. I live in western washington. Western washing ton has the highest anual rain fall in the U.S. the rain isn't hard to drive in at all. But I guess im used to it. This year was the first time i got to drive in the snow that was the only time I ever didn't feal safe driveing my camaro. Thank Jesus that my car wasn't a auto or else I more than likly would have crashed. Rain is Fun to drive in but snow sucks.

Comment

ahh cali we get about .000123 inches of snow in the last 4 years...

i know that snows hides ice underneath and thats freaky when you change lanes without even turning the wheels.

i used to like the rain with my GS-C goodyears i could spin third gear w/ the 2.73... 100 mph and the back end just hydroplanes for a second talk about butterflies
                            Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

Snow is definitely the worst of the two evils. Here in michigan people go the same speeds they do at any other time of the year because we get so used to driving in it, but because stopping and visibility are less, people get into more accidents.

Comment

Working...
                              X