Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JET fan control

Hi, I have a question concerning the jet fan switch for the 1993-95
    Camaro/Firebird LT1, part number 561-60602 because I wanted lower fan turn-on tempretures. However upon receiving the kit, I noticed that the sender is for one wire, and replaces the sending unit in the passenger side head, which I believed went to the gauge, not the PCM. I got the kit since all I really wanted was lower temps without the hassle of reflashing the PCM.
    The kit also comes with a wire harness. Has anyone else purchased this kit? I dont understand how it could change the PCM's tempreture readings, it looks like it just changes what the guage would show.

TIA,
    Stephen

I think you will find that the JET unit uses a single wire temp sensor for its measurements, then interupts the signal to the fans. It isn't altering the signal from the stock PCM temp sensor in the water pump. Its just using a different sensor to control the fans, rather than letting the PCM control them.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X