• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam CC306

i saw this cam but don't know who makes it any help
    CC306
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Good proven cam made by Comp Camp, hence the "CC"....
    Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

The CC306 is listed as: 230 / 244, .510 / .540 112 LSA. This is a fairly aggresive cam and will make pretty good power. Due to the fairly large split this cam will have a significant lope and will be a little soft down low.

With your A4 you would have to use at least a 2800 stall to compensate for the lack of bottom end torque available. I don't mean to say this cam isn't steetable, just know that it has a fairly lopey idle and without a much higher stall you will experience significant cam surge.

Comment

This is what i am plaining on going with
        AFR heads not sure which ones yet
        LT4 intake
        Comp hi-tek pushrods
        GM xtreme duty timing chain
        CC306
        Racetronix fuel system
        30 # inmjectors
        AS&M 58 mm throttle body
        Vigilate 3200 stall 9.5 converter
        Cmotorsports leve II trans
        Anyone have a clue what horse this will make and run in the 1/4?
        I LOVE COBRA'S -
        THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

I can vouch for the 306 being a little rough on the street. We put one in the neighbor's Z28 and ended up swapping it for a 305. A little more low end torque, a little more streetable and the owner was happier. It all depends on what you want. Oh, and with decent heads, 115 mph in the quarter.

Comment

If you end up with the CC306, you better line up a good tuner. Also, you need to do a real gutcheck and see if you are going to spend a lot of time at the strip, or do you need it to be streetable. The reason I bring this up is because it is a very common mistake on street cars to OVERCAM IT. This ruins the driveability, and even though you get a nasty, lopey idle which is sure to strike fear in your opponents at the stoplight duels, most of the time you will be thinking that the car runs like crap around town and gets bad mileage. It's a hard lesson to learn and most of us who are giving you advice have already been down that road. So take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Is the CC305 a more agressive cam than the LT4 Hot Cam? What would be a good substitute for the LT4 Hot Cam taking streetability and power into account?
              1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                Is the CC305 a more agressive cam than the LT4 Hot Cam? What would be a good substitute for the LT4 Hot Cam taking streetability and power into account?
                CC305, XE 218/224 (stock heads only), XE 224/230 on stock or ported heads. All three are outstanding off the shelf cams. The 218/224 may seem a bit small, but stock head (read unported) cars LOVE them. I've seen a couple already making mid 340's at the ground on HP/TQ with that and bolt on's. Nice fat tq curve, don't have to rev to the moon, plenty down low.
                Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by Fastbird93
                  CC305, XE 218/224 (stock heads only), XE 224/230 on stock or ported heads. All three are outstanding off the shelf cams. The 218/224 may seem a bit small, but stock head (read unported) cars LOVE them. I've seen a couple already making mid 340's at the ground on HP/TQ with that and bolt on's. Nice fat tq curve, don't have to rev to the moon, plenty down low.
                  Is the xe 218/224 like the regular LT4 cam?
                  1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Is the xe 218/224 like the regular LT4 cam?
                    The LT4 hotcam is slightly bigger. With 4° more duration on the exhaust side, it will work slightly better with stock exhaust ports.

As far as torque, with the .030" more lift on then intake and .015" more lift on the exhaust, the LT4 hotcam will provide a little better punch within the lower RPM's.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      The LT4 hotcam is slightly bigger. With 4° more duration on the exhaust side, it will work slightly better with stock exhaust ports.

As far as torque, with the .030" more lift on then intake and .015" more lift on the exhaust, the LT4 hotcam will provide a little better punch within the lower RPM's.
                      Gotcha! Thanks Kevin Why is though, that Ive heard that the LT4 hotcam is outdated, and that there are much better alternatives out there?

Comment

Gotcha! Thanks Kevin Why is though, that Ive heard that the LT4 hotcam is outdated, and that there are much better alternatives out there?
                        The LT4 hotcam was a really popular LT1 upgrade for awhile. But then everyone figured out that it really didn't offer as big of a HP difference over the stock LT1 cam as they wanted, so they started sticking in larger cams like the 305 and 306 and other popular grinds.

Comment

Working...
                        X