Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

Hello again guys,
    I know I'm new here and am being a pain the behined but can I assume that with no response to my fault code request (DTC 26 and 28 - '93 T/A Lt1 ) no-one knows for sure what my problems are.
    You see I live in England so I can't take it to my local garage as they have no reference material for my car.
    I have only had the car a week and am hoping that the fountain of knowledge you have here may help me enjoy my car for years to come.
    2001 Firehawk 10th Anniversary, m6
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2139497

Welcome to the board. Just be patient and wait for a while, if somebody knows they will post an answer.

Here's what I found doing a search on Google.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/...l-dtcs-36a.htm

Hopefully based on that somebody can help you better.

Rene
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Thank you

Many thanks Black97 for replying.
      I must apologise to everyone on this forum, I should really have introduced myself properly rather than launch into a request.
      Anyway I shall learn from my mistake and will patiently await any further advice.
      On the subject of the codes I think now the code28 has been answered( Where is the Tranny pressure switch thing? ), but the code26 remains a mystery.
      I hope I will be able to contribute in the future even if it's about F-bodies in the South of England.

Comment

Re: Thank you

Originally posted by paul
        Many thanks Black97 for replying.
        I must apologise to everyone on this forum, I should really have introduced myself properly rather than launch into a request.
        Anyway I shall learn from my mistake and will patiently await any further advice.
        On the subject of the codes I think now the code28 has been answered( Where is the Tranny pressure switch thing? ), but the code26 remains a mystery.
        I hope I will be able to contribute in the future even if it's about F-bodies in the South of England.
        Here is some info on your code 26
        Code 26 - quad driver fault

If I'm understanding it correctly, it seema you may have a sensor or solonoid dead shorted. You'll need to replace the item in question, and then possible replace the ECM if the fault does not go away.

Possibly one of your "gear switch circuits" as mentioned in the chart above is shorted? Does your transmission shift properly?
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
          Firstly my gearbox does seem to shift perfectly( that's if its normal to spin the tyres when it changes gear under full throttle).
          Secondly - oddly the 'service engine' light doesn't come on when the engine is cold but waits a few minutes before it illuminates.

Comment

The 93 "Quad Driver" codes are a mystery to many of us.... I've literally "written the book" on scanning 4th Gen LT1's, for the 94 and up models, but after 5 years, I still don't know for certain what the 93 QDM codes mean. I have speculated that the 93 QDM circuit trouble codes are similar in function to the 94 and later DTC codes.

That would mean:

DTC 26 = QDM #1 = EEC canister purge solenoid
            DTC 27 = QDM #2 = EGR solenoid
            DTC 28 = QDM #3 = Tranny range pressure swithc assembly.

In spite of numerous requests on numerous boards, I have never had a 93 owner get back to me and either verify or disprove that assumption.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thank you Injuneer, I was beginning to come up with the same theory as my Chilton manual shows the '94 codes almost identical to the '93.
              Before I replace the purge solenoid is there anyway of testing it as I cannot find a method in the manual.

Comment

Working...
              X