Any good books ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good books ??

Ive been looking for some good books on the lt1 and modifications, i have read a few of lingenfelters books on the small block but they dont realy contain much info on the lt1. any one know of any good ones that they have read, or have heard about that wud help beef up the brain a bit ??
    thanks.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

You're not going to find a lot of LT1-specific material. Any book that covers "small block Chevies" is going to be applicable. There is a book specifically for rebuilding the LT1/LT4. It is referenced in the list on my website:

http://members.aol.com/InjuneerZZ/Read.htm
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      You're not going to find a lot of LT1-specific material. Any book that covers "small block Chevies" is going to be applicable. There is a book specifically for rebuilding the LT1/LT4. It is referenced in the list on my website:

http://members.aol.com/InjuneerZZ/Read.htm
      Thats a pretty good book for stock or mildly modded LT1's. I read it through pretty well before I did my rebuild and it helped quite a bit.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I've also seen a soft cover book in Barnes & Noble along the lines of "Camaro Bolt-On Performance", or something like that. I found that most of the numbers used for gains were pretty much "manufaturer's claims" which are sometimes not too reliable. In effect, it was really just a large collection of advertising, IMHO.

There is a lot of mythology about LT1 mods, and if you were to ask about a few of the common ones, like "porting" the MAF sensor, or using the "IAT resistor", you would get results ranging from "doesn't work - worth nothing" to "I gained 5/10's and 5mph from that mod"...... the truth is always somewhere in between, and often closer to the "does nothing" end of the scale.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X