Should've stayed in Bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should've stayed in Bed

It was a nice Saturday and I planned some work on the Bird. I installed a shift kit last week and followed the directions to "put in 6 qts of ATF then start it up and check the fluid level". Of course adding 6 qts put it over the full mark when I checked it fluid hot. So i saw a siphon pump in autozone and thought "hey this will work"

Well I got home, assembled the pump and started pumping. After a while some black oil came out! WTF?

Um. I put the hose in the crankcase instead of the tranmission fill tube. Oh well no biggy, I take the hose out. Um I try to take the hose out. Um I now have 6" of hose in my hand, the rest is in the dipstick. *(#&*(&$#&#@_#(@_)

OK I take a deep breath, get my jacks and jack stands out. Jack the car up and disconnect the battery. I pulled the converter shield and starter motor. Got the bolt out and pulled the dip stick tube.

Hose still stuck in crankcase. Pulled the hose. Ooops. Have another short broken section of hose in my hand. Cannot see any more hose.

Oh well. I put it back together and the oil pressure looks normal.

There is probably a 6" section of 1/4 black plastic hose in my crankcase.

Question: Should I immediately change the oil or just follow the normal interval? Will this screw up my motor?

I need to buy another hose to siphon some ATF.

And how was your Saturday?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

get that crap outta ur oil man. you might have to remove your oil pan. you suck that thing up against the oil pump pick up for 1/10th of a second and you will spin #8 rod bearing.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sorry, that was a little bit funny. My bet is that it will stay there forever and not hurt anything, although if it was my car, it would drive me crazy.

Comment

Oh me oh my

I guess I will change the oil tomorrow and try to hook the hose with a coathanger or something through the drain hole. With my luck I'll end up with a piece of coathanger in the crankcase. I wonder what snagged it?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
        X