84 T/A mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 T/A mods

I built a decend 350 for my 84 T/A But it gernaded my weak t-5 tranny I wanted to know if a T-56 (six spd) out of a 4th gen will fit perfectly or if you can give me a measurement between the bell housing to the center of the stick shift. The local recking yard is selling them under $350.00. The 350 is out of a 72 malibu. your responce is well come thanks.

I'm not sure about the location of the shifter but I believe the rear trans mount is further back. Other potential problems could be the length of the drive shaft and whether the drive shaft yoke is the same.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

hey

I got a guy who can custom build drive lines cheap he did my 83 toyota 4x4 with a 351w 3spd tranny devorced dodge 4x unit under $200 and my friend is a millwright at a saw mill he made me all of the mounts and supports for free. anyways anyone with a T-56 tranny can you please measure the bell housing to the center on the shift stick your efforts are deeply appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X