Injuneer or others.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuneer or others.....

A while back I had a question about a trouble code 1441. You (Fred) said to replace the purge solenoid and/or the flow detector. I decided to replace both since they were cheap parts. I started with the flow detector, but that did not solve the 1441. I am now trying to replace the purge solenoid but can't figure out how to get it off it's bracket. It looks like it should be similar to the flow detecor, but the way it's positioned, I can't get anything underneath it to free it. I can't get a socket or wrench on the bolt holding the braket onto the intake manifold so I can't take the whole assembly off and get a better look at it, either. Do you, or anyone else, know what the trick is to getting the purge solenoid off it's bracket? It almost looks as if the bracket has to come off, but I'm not sure. I'd liek to get this cleared up so I can get the car inspected.

Thanks!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Yes, the solenoid slides inward on the bracket to get it off, so the bracket has to come off the manifold first.

This picture might help. If you can just loosen the bracket bolt, you can slide the bracket up, because it is slotted.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks Rob, I'll just keep trying at that bolt.... didn't want to rip half the hoses and electrical connections of the manifold to get to it though.... happen to know what size it is? I'm thinking 1/4, but I wasn't able to get it on but I think that's just the angle I was trying from.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
      X