Great Ricer Fly by today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Ricer Fly by today!

Well there I was driving down the road to grab a bite to eat. Speed limit is 40, I was going about 42, the roads are narrow and a LOT of traffic. For any one who has ever been in the Ft Bragg area, I was on yadkin road. So I was minding my own business talking with my passenger just going down the road and in the left lane comes this honda accord, with a body kit and huge spoiler come flying by about 80 sounding like a blown up lawnmower, I laughed, not worth my time, not on the roads, especially this one. As he goes by I notice a ton of smoke coming out of the bottom end of his motor, he's still speeding up too. So a couple minutes down the road he's in a parking lot with the hood up, all of his oil all over the ground, and he gives me the finger as i drive by like it's my fault he blew his motor trying to pick a race with me!! It might sound boring, one of those "had to be there moments", but it definitely made my day. One less ricer on the road.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

i woulda laughed at him and pointed, revving my engine with the clutch pushed in, then pop the clutch and squeal the tires at him

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
    CAGS Eliminator

Comment

lol, thats pretty funny. Sounds like this guy I have seen around that has this CRX that runs so rich that its crazy. He gets like 11mpg, on the stock motor. Well, he fried a piston or somethin while trying to do a burnout in front of a bunch of people.
      :fart can: vfffffffffffpuffpuffffffffffffffffffffKLUNK :fart can:
      hahahaha. Similar story. Had to be there
      my car:
      '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

too bad neither of you coulda gotten it on video...that woulda been priceless!!

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Bwahahaha that's pretty durn funny....My younger brother is Stationed at Ft Bragg too (also 82nd Airborn) and says the ricer scene there is really bad. He says there is hardly anyone interested in performance just appearence crap. Says he really hasn't found anyone worth racing yet. Maybe you've seen his car around. It's a black '93 240sx, looks pretty much stock except for exhaust, wheels (16"Motegis/245 Nitto DRs out back) and an enlarged cutout in the front bumper to let air get to the huge intercooler. He did the SR20DET swap (w/some upgrades) and made 339 RWHP when we had it Dyno tuned. He ran high 12s first time out with street tires and lotsa wheel spin. Can't wait to see what he gets with the DRs. Very fun car to drive or ride in, it'll be a while before my Z can catch it though

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

HAHAHA! That's an awesome story! I definitely would have revved up as I went by just to rub it in! lol...

This reminds me of that Eclipse/M3 video
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

heh, i just had an asian ricer-boy do pretty much the same thing, except (unfortuately) he didn't blow his motor up....sounded like it was about to, tho....

he was sitting behind me at a red light, then after we got through the intersection, the lanes opened from 2 to 3, and he blew past me sounding like a gas-powered RC car. i didn't even try to race him, cause it was during morning rush, and there were tons of cars all around, not to mention, i had seen several cops already that morning (more than the usual).

his car was a real piece of crap, too....a Civic, i think....the body was all dented up, looked like someone got pissed at him and kicked his car all to hell or something. hood was a different color than the body completely, he had one of those really off-the-wall looking obnoxious body kits with the huge wing, and a fart pipe on the back. kinda surprised that he didn't have stickers all over it....i guess that's his next big "upgrade"....

i wish i'd had my camera with me, i'd have snapped a few shots to share the idiocy with you guys....

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
                he gives me the finger as i drive by
                That's all it would of taken for me to turn around. It's bad enough his car got ruined, but not as much as his face would of gotten.

Originally posted by hotwhip9
                it's my fault he blew his motor trying to pick a race with me!!
                Ignorrant a$$hole$ like that deserve every single bit of it. Nice job.
                Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
                X