Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Boss Hoss (you are going to want to read this)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boss Hoss (you are going to want to read this)

The last two times I have hit-up downtown Minneapolis, there have been a line of motorcycles on display outside of Champp's sports bar. Crotch rockets, Harleys, etc... they're all there. But the most amazing thing there are the few "Boss Hoss" motorcycles that reign superior. For those of you that do not know, the Boss Hoss is a motorcycle with a V8. Not just any V8 either. I kid you not, this is what I read on the side of one, "Boss Hoss -- 540 CID -- 800 HP"

Holy power-to-weight ratio! Can you imagine 800 HP on something that weighs around 1000 lbs ???? I have heard a few rumors about the capabilities of these things... it is something like 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, quarter mile in the 7's or lower, and a top speed WELL over 200 mph. That is the most insane thing I have ever heard -- can you say death trap?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Yeah man! I've seen a few bits on those bikes. The performance rumors are hard to verify, driving them to their potential is almost impossible. Hard to hook and when it does hook, hard to control. The performance from 80 to 150 must be stellar! I can't imagine that kind of power without having a roll cage around you.

Comment

Now that's downright scary! More Horsepower is a good thing, but that's just crazy....An equivilent stock weight F-body would need almost 2900 HP for an equal HP to wieght ratio!!
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I have seen 2 of them. 1 on the road and 1 at the 57th (restaurant) The guy gets on it and tries to back it out of the parking space. Well because the bike doesn't lean like a normal bike because of the huge tire in the rear, it took they guy several tries to get it out. Then he fires it up. WOW. It wasn't stock either. It's for straight line only. It doesn't turn worth a crud. I think the spec was 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. Top speed listed as unknown.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Dodge started showing their V-10 concept bike at the the Detroit Auto Show in January, it shows up in their promo literature. Really sharp! Seen some comercials where its driven. Speeds to near 400 mph claimed...... I'm looking forward to driving one, only the price at $250k stops me.
          The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

I've been 10 years to see some performance numbers from a Boss Hoss. My theory is that if young guys rode them, we would know how fast they really are, but everyone who owns them is too scared to attempt a WOT run down the quarter mile. The ones I've seen have forward & reverse, so it's basically feather the clutch to ride around town and little above idle on the interstate. There's a shop in the next town over where they build them - I'll ask around for some solid numbers and let everyone know if I get real numbers.

Comment

I heard that they have 2 forward gears, not one...
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

If that's true, then the theoretical top speed is infinity X 2.

Comment

Working...
                X