I have no game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no game.

I was just at a concert, and I was introduced to this girl -- just unbelievably smoking hot (quite the tank top she wasn't wearing too )...... Well, she seemed receptive and very interested during our small talk conversations at the beginning of the night. She rode along with a couple buddies of mine with me to the conert... on the way, she sat in the backseat, and she leans into the front, rests her head on my shoulder and says, "make this car go 150! can it really do that?"

I am thinking, "alright, so she's into cars, cool..." Well, I certainly didn't do 150, but I wasn't shy about showing off once I knew she was interested...

Anyway, things defintiely seemed as though I had a chance, but I just never pulled the trigger... never made a move, and that's my fault. But I never saw the right time.

Pretty soon a brawl had broken out at the concert and the cops were filing everyone out, and we parted ways without anything ever materializing... and then I realized that I hadn't even gotten her number. Fail.

I suck. I am just lackluster when it comes to this stuff...

Advice from the more experienced and wise men?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

well, what you should have done is....

wait a minute...i'm in the same boat as you....nevermind....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
    CAGS Eliminator

Comment

At least you've got women riding in your car. Us old, single guys would love to get to that point

You pretty much have to make your own time to ask for numbers, or interest, or whatever. It's my opinion that these women nowadays want you to make the moves, pretty much sticking your neck out, then she decides if she says yes or chops it off. I'm not much for that game, so I just stay single and let all my married friends tell me how lucky I am that I don't have a woman and can actually afford to work on my car. It sucks being lonely, but not near as much as getting hurt does.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
        At least you've got women riding in your car. Us old, single guys would love to get to that point
        I'm married but most of the time the only female I get to ride with me in the car is our dog Zoe
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I live by the rule "If you don't ask, you don't get".
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I agree No Guts, No Glory.... but i cant really talk I come off a little shy in the beginning to. although the SS has been a big confidence builder you still have to swallow your pride and go for it , the worst she can do is say no and thats the same as not asking.
            --- 2000 NBM A4 Camaro SS #8156 ---
            3,200VIG, B&M 24K super cooler, Coated race style pacesetters , 3" TSP true duals, TSP Clear lid, SLP Smooth bellows, NX wet kit, CFN bottle heater, dyno tune purge, LS1 Edit, Auto meter & ZEX gauges, 160 thermostat, TB Bypass mod, !EGR & !AIR, Madman PHB & LCA's, NITTO 555R's

Comment

Originally posted by 69_YENKO
              I agree No Guts, No Glory.... the worst she can do is say no and thats the same as not asking.
              The problem is that the way they say no can be like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, and thats just the ones that's honest. The liars just keep you hanging and tear out your guts little by little.

The best thing to do is to act like you are buying a car. Be confident, direct, and indicate interest, make an honest offer, but don't fall in love with it and gotta have it, or else they got you. Make lots of eye contact and if they look back, smile instead of looking away. On the third date, if you aren't sure how things are going, take her out in the car, park it, and steam the windows up. How it goes will tell you if you are barking up the wrong tree and wasting your time.

And if you can scrape up a friend, sister, neighbor, or anything female to accompany you on your search for a suitable wench, you will increase your odds by 80% due to they would rather take a guy that's already hooked up and worthy than one who is playing solitare.

All my friends wives got fat. These guys used to make fun of me for being single, but now they aren't so smug. I still go out with whoever I want (that can stand me), they are stuck in crappy marriages; so don't feel too bad if you are unattached cause you gotta be careful what you wish for. In general, I spend about 2 days getting a girl, and the next 2 months trying to figure out how to get rid of them.

Comment

I was at a concert last weekend and there were 2 girls sitting by themselves and me and my roomie went and sat by them,started talking with them and hit it off. More for my roomie, i'm in a serious relationship, the temptation is there but i behaved myself even though i have her number and she wants me to come to the bar she works at. The game is easy. Be confident. Be casual. Don't try to be all macho, just be yourself. Relationships are like parachutes, if the main fails, pull out the reserve!
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                Traded in: 1998 Z28
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Jay, Jay, Jay.

Do I have to drive to Michigan and kick your a$$! I guess great mind...................errrr, Kevin's think alike! I am lovin' being single. Most of my ex-girlfriends that are now with someone else or married, has gotten fat. And I ask myself how long and how much ingenuity would it have taken to rid myself of their Shamu-like stature.

South TX women have started to get real cocky also. I guess they are stepping up the game.

Jay, the only advice I can give you is "Ask, and you shall receive"!!

Comment

Guys, guys, guys.... whoever said anything about a "girlfriend" or relationship? hehehehe..... I'm not worried about that until I find the right one.

I'm not looking for "Miss Right" -- just "Miss Right Now" ... I am in no hurry to settle down, that's for sure. But failing to even get so much as a phone number is pretty lame effort.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

To add to this problem, my aunt and mom just questioned my ...... ummmm..... "orientation" for not having a girlfriend eariler tonight during dinner.

Wonderful...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                        To add to this problem, my aunt and mom just questioned my ...... ummmm..... "orientation" for not having a girlfriend eariler tonight during dinner.

Wonderful...

shoulda just told them "i have girlfriends all the time....they just only last for a few hours...."

i bet they'd soil themselves if they heard that....well, at least some people (including my mom) in my family would....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                        CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by 02Z28
                          shoulda just told them "i have girlfriends all the time....they just only last for a few hours...."

i bet they'd soil themselves if they heard that....well, at least some people (including my mom) in my family would....
                          That would be a real hoot if it was actually the case...

Comment

I used to use the shotgun approach. Ask out 20 girls a week and you'll probably get a couple.

Also, don't wait for the perfect time, you look vulnerable. Find a really awkward time and pop it. Distract and confuse. Deer in the headlights.

96 TA Sold!
                            87 TA Sold!
                            80 Z28 Sold!
                            74 Formula Sold!
                            73 Z28 Sold!
                            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

agree

agree with Mirrored completely the off guard thing works well, it throws them off center and puts you in control.
                              NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                              (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
                              X