Some people . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people . . .

So last night im taking a friend home from a grad party, and this guy in a f 150 is tailing me. since im not the kind of guy thats guna do much i just ignore it until i pul in the kids drive way and just ignore it. i get out of the car and look at the guy n his buddy cuz they had the windows down. prolly in their 20's. and they speed off. this kid lives in a track so its already dumb what they did. its about 2 30 am. so we both were prety awake n started playin some basketball out in his circle. about an hour later same guy comes back does a breakstand in the circle ..... with the back end of his truck facing my car i then hear " Hey rice F-word your car is a piece of $@%#. guy speeds off and takes out a street sign that says children at play . . . how ironic.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Originally posted by 95z28
    So last night im taking a friend home from a grad party, and this guy in a f 150 is tailing me. since im not the kind of guy thats guna do much i just ignore it until i pul in the kids drive way and just ignore it. i get out of the car and look at the guy n his buddy cuz they had the windows down. prolly in their 20's. and they speed off. this kid lives in a track so its already dumb what they did. its about 2 30 am. so we both were prety awake n started playin some basketball out in his circle. about an hour later same guy comes back does a breakstand in the circle ..... with the back end of his truck facing my car i then hear " Hey rice F-word your car is a piece of $@%#. guy speeds off and takes out a street sign that says children at play . . . how ironic.
    and your point is........?????????

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

idk ... just venting my frustration i guess. but realy who would do somethingso dumb in a residential neighborhood ??
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

I've noticed that for the majority of the more recent generation that the maturity of most has gone down as their age has increased. People amaze me sometimes.
        Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Is a "breakstand" the same thing as power braking?

Comment

So.. Is your car rice!?
            99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

It is simple. There is a complete lack of respect for others. A respectful person would not do such a thing. A non-respectful person doesn't care (or even think about) if they endanger others or not. This lack of respect is getting worse and worse...kinda sad!!! Hitting a street sign that says, "Children at Play" while slamming the accelerator, peeling out, and yelling obscenities is pretty darn sad but very indicative of our society now days. It is so bad in my neighborhood that I really don't even allow my son to play in my fenced yard by himself for fear of some Jack-A$$ going through the fence and striking him.

I am about to endorse something that I truly hate...speed bumps every 30 yards down my street with cameras "photo radar" capturing offenders along with cameras on every intersection. It is the only way to stop these idiots. Obviously entrusting people to obey the rules and respect others on the road (or along the road) isn't working.
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oh man that guys ignorance is making me burst at the seams...
                Man What has the world come to? That is a sad story and I've witnessed many like that. Everyone is all about their egos these days and the demonstrate it through their vehicles.

Whats with the Rice comment? is your car riced out. if yes expect to see me in an F-150 on your road soon. Just kidding.

I'm not sure where your from but it sounds like the redneck crowd to me but I live down here in the south now so.....
                -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Speed bumps are NOT the answer. They not only slow down the speeders, they also slow down emergency response. Ambulances and fire trucks have to slow to a crawl to prevent damage to sensitive electronics on board the vehicles.

The true answer is more traffic enforcement. But if you need an immediate solution, go have some signs made that say "radar enforced" and attach them to the speed limit signs. Also, "Citizen Patrol" signs seem to work too. There are some cut through neighborhoods around where I live, and those signs cut down on a lot of speeding.

If all else fails, get you some spike strips. You see somebody speeding, throw them out and blow all four of their tires. Them beat them to a bloody pulp and move to Mexico to avoid prosecution
                  "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I had a similar problem with speeders on the road I used to live on. Mainly it was this one house that seemed to always have ricers in front of it. The guy that lived there had a bone stock looking mid 90's Corolla that he cut the muffler off of(really loud and crappy sounding). Everytime he'd leave he'd start it, rev the crap out of it, then run first gear completely out trying to chirp the tires on the shift. Sometimes he'd sit in his driveway with the hood open and rev it for about an hour at a time. I guess he was tuning it One morning the guy across the street from his house came over started yelling at him and threatening to kick his butt. It was hilarious cause the guy could definately do it too. I think the kid just about crapped his pants. I guess he got woke up one too many times. It was really frustrating having all these ricers buzzing up and down this neighborhood street especially since often it had kids playing, riding bikes etc. I felt like putting on some camo and hiding up in a tree with a paintball gun but alas it never happened(no paintball gun .

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
                    X