window off track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window off track

The little wheel thing popped out of the arm and I spent the whole day trying to fix it with no luck. The wheel wont stay in the arm because the hole some how got streched, so now my window just flops around. In my other cars the wheel uses a nut so fixing the windows when they go off track is a breeze. Am I gonna have 2 go to a dealership to get it fixed or is there a secret to fixing it?

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

i just fixed mine the other day, the motor wasn't tight at all, all the bolts loose. and there was another one that didn't line up. Is there a way you can take pictures to see what exactly your talking about? There has to be a way to fix it yourself. There doesn't seem much to be involved with the assembly. if the whole is stretched, one of mine were,i used a bigger locking washer to hold it in place with a nutin the back that has the little spikes to grip from the other side.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

The part I'm talking about is right by the track that goes up and down. There is just a tiny little nub thats supposed to fit tight ito the hole in the arm but it some how worked its way out.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
        The part I'm talking about is right by the track that goes up and down. There is just a tiny little nub thats supposed to fit tight ito the hole in the arm but it some how worked its way out.
        wait, is this on the Caprice? If it is, I can tell you EXACTLY how to fix it
        my car:
        '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
        check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

no its in my bird atleast I can still put the window up and keep out the rain.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
          2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
            no its in my bird atleast I can still put the window up and keep out the rain.
            yea, because for the B-bodys, they sell this:
            http://www.impalasuperstore.com/nais.../thumbn875.jpg
            my car:
            '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
            check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

I fixed the problem by welding a bolt to the wheel/slider thing and putting a nut on the other end to keep it in place.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
              2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Working...
              X