Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB The cops weren't expecting this to happen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB The cops weren't expecting this to happen!

Crazy high speed chase video,

http://djtaso.com/mustangspin.wmv
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Pretty nice driving. It seems like he wasn't really giving the Mustang all the petal towards the end though.

Comment

Pretty good driver. I don't think it was a GT either.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
        Pretty nice driving. It seems like he wasn't really giving the Mustang all the petal towards the end though.
        what "pedal"????????

hahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

oh.. you mean it wasnt a 6?

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

wow...fancy driving...too bad it was a six. I think he could of did some image damage if it was a V8...nice driving the least...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I certainly don't advocate stelaing vehicles or running from the police, but you've got to give that guy props for his driving ability! Although, I'm sure a little bit of luck came into play too. After the second time, the cops had to start to wonder....
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Wow that's some crazy driving.....Like something out of Gone in 60 Seconds. Drive it like ya stole it, oh wait I guess he did steal it

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Wow, that is unbelievable! He got "earnhardted" 3 times and didn't wreck. I'm shocked that the police actually spun him...I've seen dozens of chases here and LA where the cops just pace/follow the guy until he wrecks or kills someone.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Question...

I believe they call that the "pit maneuver" right?

Question thought.. is there a way to avoid that.. like.. if the driver turns the stearing wheel slightly AWAY from it.. or something... does anything help them not spin out.. or is it pretty easy to accomplish on a driver?

Yes, that guys was amazing and recovering twice...

Comment

Originally posted by jrm2002ss
                    I believe they call that the "pit maneuver" right?

Question thought.. is there a way to avoid that.. like.. if the driver turns the stearing wheel slightly AWAY from it.. or something... does anything help them not spin out.. or is it pretty easy to accomplish on a driver?

Yes, that guys was amazing and recovering twice...
                    The thing to do would be to never let the cop get into a favorable position in the first place. With a little braking and some good manuvering, the cop would have a very bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      The thing to do would be to never let the cop get into a favorable position in the first place. With a little braking and some good manuvering, the cop would have a very bad day.
                      I think the thing to do would be to "not get in that senario)
                      Austin Schroeger
                      Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

Comment

1st time could have been considered luck, but he pulled off the 2nd time and even a 3rd time if the guard rail hadn't got him. If he would have had a V8 under the hood, this chase might have gone on a little longer. Now if he had been driving a F-body with an LS1, the cops might not have caught him.

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                        Previous Vehicles:
                        99' M6 Z28
                        98' M6 TA
                        97' Formula
                        96' RS Camaro
                        93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Looks like somebodys done that before
                          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Whoever that guy was knew what he was doing, no question. I bet he was thinking "I thought this POS was a V8" just like the rest of us were

The best way to avoid that is like somebody said earlier, never get into that mess. However, if you are in that mess, then don't let the cop get in a position to pull it off. It's not real hard to outrun a Crown Vic, considering they top out at about 125 or 130. And a Mustang with bad brake pads can still outstop a police equipped Crown Vic.

On a side note, you'd think that the cops in LA would start putting on the full front brush guards that they specifically make for pursuit vehicles. Basically, it's the same thing you'd see on a full size truck, but downsized to fit the car and it attaches on the corners so they don't fold in and hit the fender. It makes it look like it's built for demolition derbies, but they work. You hit a car with those and the cop car doesn't even get scratched.

I miss the good old days though, when you could just shoot out the tires. Or the really good old days, where you could just shoot the driver
                            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

To perform the pit maneuver, the officer must have his cars front bumper about even with the suspects rear fender. The officer then swerves his car into the suspect's, and accelerates briefly. Obviously, if yo can avoid letting the officer into this position, you can avoid the pit. A common place to pit is when the suspect's car is making a turn. Their whole side is opened up to you, and the speed is generally slower.

What amazed me about that viseo is the speed at which the officer's attempted the maneuver. It's generally not a high-speed maneuver. Incredible skill to recover how he did.

And shooting the tires out is allowed in some departments. It's usually up to the officer's discretion. But PIT's are usually safer and avoids all that paperwork you gotta fill out anytime you fire your weapon.
                              Dave M
                              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                              X