clay bars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clay bars?

well, placed my order for Zaino a while ago, got the product, and am now hornier than a mother to get this stuff on my car. I'm about to just go to wal-mart to get some towels, or might just use some old ones from the house here. Anyways.............spent the whole day and took the day off (it's my b-day and my grandma came down and off), and went to every auto shop in town looking for a fricken clay bar. Nobody had anything except Discount, which had a Meguiar's one for $20. So, I thought that was a little much, and decided to shop in some other places. Nobody else had a claybar, except the local paint supply store which had one that was like $30.

So, is the Meguiar's clay bar okay? I know, should've gotten the Zaino one, but I really don't want to wait so long for one. Any recommendations? Oh, and I got some Meguiar's car wash for a pretty good price IMHO, is this stuff good?

sorry for the long post on such a stupid subject
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

if you're that anal...I'd use Zaino, but I'm not that anal so I just use Mothers. I think it'll be a-okay.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
      if you're that anal...I'd use Zaino, but I'm not that anal so I just use Mothers. I think it'll be a-okay.
      I'm really not THAT anal. I guess I'll just shut up and buy the Meguiar's.
      my car:
      '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

I used the Meguires, came with a lube(detail spray) and everything. Got it at D.A.P. too. Worked fine. Really made a difference too.....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

The Meguiars clay bar will work fine. Don't forget to use Dawn after you are done to strip off the old wax before applying Zaino. Also, I have found that the Zaino car wash soap is FAR BETTER than anything you can buy over the counter for regular car washing after the Zaino has been applied. It also helps maintain the Zaino shine and contains UV protectants also.
          Dave S
          2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

You don't have to use dawn after the clay, claying will remove all the old wax. you will have to wash it with something though, to get rid of the clay and lube residue. For regular washing of the car, stick with Zaino's Z7. It's by far the best, plus you'll know it's compatible with the Zaino you have on the car. Washing with Z7 to remove the clay residue would be okay too. Washing with dawn is reccomended when you're not claying. That way you can remove the old wax before applying your zaino. Washing with dawn won't get out the impurities in the paint like claying will though.

BTW, don't cut corners just because you are anxious. Get the right towels and the right equipment before starting. That way you won't end up just having to do it all over again because the cheap towels you used scratched your paint.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

where do you order from?
              99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

www.zainostore.com or you can e-mail Zaino and ask who the closest distributor is to you.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
                KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy
                  . It also helps maintain the Zaino shine and contains UV protectants also.
                  thats because it impregnated with some of the polish ingrediants..

z7 is the bomb of all car washes.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    thats because it impregnated with some of the polish ingrediants..

z7 is the bomb of all car washes.........
                    Ken did you mean to say that the Z7 is explosively good!

Comment

Working...
                    X