Pics of my Tahoe lift kit installed with 35" X-Terrains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my Tahoe lift kit installed with 35" X-Terrains

What we had anticipated to be a one day project ended up to not suprisingly be an entire weekend project. This was one the most challenging automotive projects I have ever attempted. We basically had to remove the entire front suspension and drivetrain then re-install the new larger a-arm, steering linkage, front differential support, tie rod, and torsion bar brackets. The manufacturer of the lift kit that I purchased claimed that there would be no cutting, drilling, ot welding required....................................yeah right!

All of the work was well worth it once I put on the 35's and got to see the finished project. Here are some before and after pics:

Looks really sweet....I used to have a 90 Full size bronco W/ 4" suspension and 3" body lifts on 38" Super Swamper TSLs. That thing would go through just about anything.....It sucked to drive on the highway though. Had to trade it in when I bought my first F-bod (95 Formula). Have fun and don't be afraid to get it dirty

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
      Looks really sweet....I used to have a 90 Full size bronco W/ 4" suspension and 3" body lifts on 38" Super Swamper TSLs. That thing would go through just about anything.....It sucked to drive on the highway though. Had to trade it in when I bought my first F-bod (95 Formula). Have fun and don't be afraid to get it dirty
      I thought about running 38's but I decided on 35's for now.

We put 4.56 gears in the front and back and it pulls like a mutha now! I am going to put one more add-a-leaf in the rear to raise it about 1.5" and stiffen it up a bit.

Comment

Very nice!

It's funny how you parked next to a handicapped zone. I got a ticket for that once
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

That's sweet I like it a lot! I can just picture that beast going through some swamp holes we have up here in West Virginia especially where they are strip mining and timber cutting!

Bring it up! I'll show ya some super holes For ya to try it out in!

Have a good one Lee!
          Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Lee'S 1997 Z28
            That's sweet I like it a lot! I can just picture that beast going through some swamp holes we have up here in West Virginia especially where they are strip mining and timber cutting!

Bring it up! I'll show ya some super holes For ya to try it out in!

Have a good one Lee!
            It has been raining off and on here in the San Antonio area for about a month now so there is lots-o-mud around here as well. I will be christening the Tahoe this weekend for sure!

Comment

Post some Pics of her all muddy.....Gotta love those pics, especially when you can't even tell the color of the truck

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Man that looks niceeeeee. I'm from NY and i didn't really appreciate that stuff until I came down south....looks great have fun with it....

GET 'ER DUN!!!!
                -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                  Very nice!

It's funny how you parked next to a handicapped zone. I got a ticket for that once

LoL!!!!!!! Sorry dude..that was just funny...it's the way you worded it.

Looks MEAN Kevin...I'm in Newnan, and all there is are trucks and SUVs looking like that...scares the crap out of me.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
                    Post some Pics of her all muddy.....Gotta love those pics, especially when you can't even tell the color of the truck
                    Done deal!

Comment

Working...
                    X