X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error codes?

p1416
    p0410

Secondary air injection system? What does that mean? I'm lost.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

anybody know how i can get this fixed?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/ONLINETECH/lserrorcodes.htm
      and http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...arameters=info
      could point you in the right direction. Any symptoms you can notice besides a check engine light?
      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

i left my f-body bible at home...I can tell you as soon as I get home. Until then, you probably use goggle...heck, they can find phone number, I don't see why they can't spit out ODB codes...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

oaky...nm you can use what Camaro4-2 linked...matter of fact, let me do it for you.

P1416 AIR System Bank 2
          P0410 AIR System

Whatever that means....gurus help?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Like any questions on tech details for 4th Gen's, Shoebox has all the info on his website, including a detailed list of F-Body specific trouble codes:

http://shbox.com/1/Dtcs.htm

P0410 = Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system

P1416 = Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system Bank 2

There is an "Air Injection" pump that injects air into the exhaust manifolds, only at startup, to warm up the catalytic convertors to operating temperature. After about 3 minutes, it shuts off and doesn't run again until you restart the car. The electric driven pump is located on a bracket on the front of the engine, drivers side, below the coil/ICM module assembly.

You have a problem with the pump not supplying air to the passenger side of the engine (Bank 2). Before you do anything, call the dealer. There was a "RECALL" on the 95 and newer LT1 A.I.R. systems, and some repairs are covered free by the recall. The dealer can tell you if your car was part of the recall, and whether the repairs have ever been done.

If the dealer won't repair it for free, you need to check the fuse..... that will often blow as the pump starts to rust up and get harder to turn, and the wiring is undersized (that's part of the recall). After you check the fuse, you need to look at the flow detector for the passenger side, and look for leaks in that area.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Pulled the fuse with the car running. Plugged it back in and I heard something running. Sounds like an electric pump. Reminds me of how my fuel pump on my conquest sounds when I'd test it, only not as loud. Sounds like it's working. Don't know what else to try. Thinking about calling the dealer about that recall. Hopefully they'll take care of it.

Car runs perfect, no problems. The light also comes and goes at will.

Comment

Working...
              X