need help car sluggish!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help car sluggish!

i have a automatic 93 z28 recently the engine was all rebuilt with a new cam ported heads and everything thing was all balanced and put together right. i got a new chip from pcmforless to adjust for the cam, but the car doesnt seem to get up and go, if im rolling at 35-40mph and punch the gas the rpms dont shoot up like they used to before the rebuild they just increase gradually. the mechanic said it might have something to do with the transmission but i dont know does anyone have any ideas?

try replacing the fuel filter, my buds had that problem, w/o a rebuild, the filter was clogged and it worked fine after.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Was the cam degreed? How wild was the rebuild? Are your injectors starving the motor? What's your fuel pressure? You should get it on a scanner and check the timing advance too. Its possible you could have gotten a bad or improperly burnt chip.

I just rebuilt my motor too, so I will give you the scenario. All rebuilt with the specs below, but I added an OBDI PCM and a new tune for the 383 and a set of 30 lb injectors I bought used. The car would barely run and it turned out I had 3 bad injectors and the PCM was not calibrated right. I put my old PCM back in with the 24 lb injectors and it ran fine, but was sluggish. I checked my fuel pressure and it was around 40 PSI and FALLING at WOT. I swapped the fuel pump with a walbro 255 high pressure and it runs awesome. I am just a my injectors to try it with the new tune.

P.S. I hope "your mechanic" is not the same guy who rebuilt the motor. Why would your tranny have anything to do with it? - unless the rpms are shooting right up and the car isnt going anywhere (it could be slipping). But thats the opposite scenario than what you describe.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

the rebuld wasnt anything wild it was the lt1 with ported heads 1.6 rr, 52 mm tb, mild sized cam and im still using the stock injectors, thanks for your guys input i'll try that stuff this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
        X