Gettin a TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin a TA

i'm gettin a new car here in the next couple of weeks and want to get a WS6. i bumped into an old high school friend today who's sellin her 01 trans am. it's a 6speed with borla, 103K miles on it and they just want to be able to pay it off, which would be $9k. i really wanted somethin with lower miles, but for the low price, it'll really help saving a couple grand to put towards insurance. i've heard that f-body's are completely unreliable once they hit 70K miles, and i've heard that they're fine. i'd like to get some owners opinions, or anybody who knows how reliable they are with that many miles. my friends parents bought the car from a regional sales manager or someone like that from el paso, so they said that the majority were highway miles. thanks for any help

Mechanically, they are pretty much bullet proof... especially if highway driven and babied.

About the only re-curring problems these thigns have are the window motors and flip-up headlight motors.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Wow, that price looks good. KBB says around $14k for an '01 WS6 with that type of mileage at privaty party transaction. Makes me leary.....whats wrong with it???

Hopefully nothing and you pick up a deal
      2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
      buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
      Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Mechanically, they are pretty much bullet proof... especially if highway driven and babied.

About the only re-curring problems these thigns have are the window motors and flip-up headlight motors.
        oh i hate the window motors!!!
        -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
        98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
        98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
        94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

My friend is selling his 98 SS for 11K
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

I was up in Bordentown NJ at the manheim sale and I was bidding on a 98 ws6 6sp with 80k on it and it went for 11,800. And that was at a dealer auction. SO 9k is a great deal for it. If you dont want it I'll take it

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

thanks for all the input, looks like i'm getting a pretty good deal. i'm gonna go drive it tomorrow and see how it feels. i talked to the girls mom and she told me that they're selling it because she is going to college 2.5 hrs away and they don't want her driving a stick all that way, they just want to pay it off. glad to hear that it will most likely hold up. look forward to getting my car sold and putting an offer up. thanks again for all the input

Comment

give me the VIN and your email address, and i'll run a Carfax report for you, and email it to you in MS Word format

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by gettinaTA
                  thanks for all the input, looks like i'm getting a pretty good deal. i'm gonna go drive it tomorrow and see how it feels. i talked to the girls mom and she told me that they're selling it because she is going to college 2.5 hrs away and they don't want her driving a stick all that way, they just want to pay it off. glad to hear that it will most likely hold up. look forward to getting my car sold and putting an offer up. thanks again for all the input
                  OMG, that is retarted...."don't want her to drive a stick all that way...."

what's the difference? it's gonna be mostly highway miles anyway (i.e., no shifting). the only time shifting is involved is when doing in-town driving, which she apparently has done plenty of if she has put all 100K+ miles on it.

something doesn't sound right about that to me....but if that truly is the only reason, then i'd definitely go for it!

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Camaro4-2:
                    any mods to the camaro that your friend is selling? i assume its an M6, leather? miles? i might be interested. only problem might be shipping though, i live in Houston

Comment

Originally posted by 02Z28
                      OMG, that is retarted...."don't want her to drive a stick all that way...."

if she has put all 100K+ miles on it.

something doesn't sound right about that to me....but if that truly is the only reason, then i'd definitely go for it!
                      she told me that they bought it from a regional sales manager from el paso, and that he put most of the miles on it. she told me that her daughters short and she wants an auto mustang instead of having to do all that shifting?? i'll take the hurst all day, but that's just me. anyway, i'll find out the whole deal tomorrow when i drive it. i really wanted a ws6, but this sounds like a pretty good deal, i can definitely use the saved money for the ridiculous insurance prices.

Comment

Originally posted by 02Z28
                        give me the VIN and your email address, and i'll run a Carfax report for you, and email it to you in MS Word format
                        ok, thanks. i'll get that tomorrow. hey, she's coming your way for college next year. guess her mom doesn't want her sportin a loud trans am around the A&M campus

Comment

Originally posted by gettinaTA
                          ok, thanks. i'll get that tomorrow. hey, she's coming your way for college next year. guess her mom doesn't want her sportin a loud trans am around the A&M campus

Hey, is she cute? If so, get her digits for me.
                          '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

she was a cheerleader at our high school, but she's got a boyfriend. he is 2.5 hours away though

Comment

heh, he didn't ask if she had a boyfriend, he asked if she was cute....

the whole boyfriend thing can be worked around.....especially if he's 2.5 hours away...

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Working...
                              X