turn off radio with the ignition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn off radio with the ignition?

is there any way to disable the "feature" that GM put into our cars that makes the radio play until the door is opened? i just had an alarm put on my car yesterday that has remote start on it, and it causes the radio to come on, but it does not go off when i kill it until the doors are opened....and i don't wanna come out to a dead battery one day....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
    CAGS Eliminator

Not sure if it can be disabled but it only stays on for a few minutes. It won't kill the battery.
    NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

ah, ok....i guess i won't worry about it, then....i just noticed that the radio was on after i killed the engine using the remote start option....i've never left the radio going long enough for it to go off on its own yet....

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

It stays on for 10 mins. I timed it.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

yep..only for 10 mins...but it'll drain your battery if you have a system. 10 mins can drain your battery if your system is pretty serious. Then again, if it was that serious, you'll hear it....okay, nm

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            ....Then again, if it was that serious, you'll hear it....okay, nm

well, not necessarily.....my remote start will work up to 1/4 mile away

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

what brand did u use for the remote start i have looked into it and i just see crappier and crappier key fobs
              Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

it's a python alarm w/remote start included

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Working...
                X