Did I get a good deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get a good deal?

I bought this car back in late april. It had 64k interior in perfect shape (except the driver seat part), new tires, SLP clutch kit (not installed...the clutch went out on it while driving it home and they bought me the kit) no rust (except the exhaust tips), T-tops and stuff like that. The paint is in really good shape too. I paid $8100 for it. With the plane ticket to pick it up $200, gas $40, Title and tax $615 it totals 8955. Did I get a good deal or did I get ripped off?
    Attached Files
    2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

97??? Hmmm...personally, I don't think that's bad at all. I bought my 99 with 60K for 13

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

That looks like Taso's car! I think you got a good deal. Are you happy with it? Then stop worrying.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Definately a good deal.

Comment

yeah, I am really happy with it. Insurance isn't problem. I am 22 and only paying $335 every 6 months... full coverage. Although i am not sure how much I will the car after i am off my parents plan.
          2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by stingant0
            yeah, I am really happy with it. Insurance isn't problem. I am 22 and only paying $335 every 6 months... full coverage. Although i am not sure how much I will the car after i am off my parents plan.
            just please, please, please.....don't do something stupid in it to cause it to go up.....cause it will increase both yours and your parents payments, and i'm sure they won't be happy with that at all.

for you to be able to get away with $56/month full coverage, your parents must have a spotless record....something i'm sure they worked long and hard to maintain

i'm paying $90/month full coverage on my 2002 Z28, and i'm 28 yrs old with absolutely no tickets or wrecks on my record....that kinda gives you an idea of how much it may end up being (probably more since you're under the 25-yr old mark) if you screw up.

just throwing this out here as a warning.....hope you have fun in it!

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
            CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Working...
            X